Picture Quality

My video is fine out of the camera, it is the link between the Lightbridge and the ipad.
my video was fine out of the camera too. What I meant was it didn't matter if I viewed it on the lightbridge to iPad or the hdmi output of the lightbridge to my hdmi monitor

baker2055

I am talking about the GH4 gimbal not necessarily the camera. You have the option of setting the output. Full HD mode is 1080i, smooth is 720p and real time is also 720p but at a lesser frame rate. The camera is always set at 1080p. I use Smooth most of the time. I have been out over 1km. You should not be getting pixilation for flights less that 300m.
Hi Ed: I have tried this, and the image on the ipad is better but with every movement of the gimbal it takes a few seconds to stop pixelling and catch up. I have been in contact with my dealer and no options from them. Can you give me any more insight? I really don't want to send back to DJI and be without it for 4-6wks. But if I have to I will have to send it sooner than later.

baker2055

my video was fine out of the camera too. What I meant was it didn't matter if I viewed it on the lightbridge to iPad or the hdmi output of the lightbridge to my hdmi monitor

Photoflyer have you found an answer? I have not. I really don't want to be without my s900 for 4-6 wks if I send to DJI but I cannot get any help from my dealer so I'm not sure what my next move is.

Photoflyer have you found an answer? I have not. I really don't want to be without my s900 for 4-6 wks if I send to DJI but I cannot get any help from my dealer so I'm not sure what my next move is.
I still think I have some issues but I'm in the same boat. I contacted my dealer and was told to talk to DJI and probably send it in. It's now usable after updating the software but my camera operator says he still sees some pixelation. I flew the inspire 1 with my iPad air 2 and the video was really solid and clean. It's frustrating that a prosumer machine works better than a "pro" machine.

PF

baker2055

I still think I have some issues but I'm in the same boat. I contacted my dealer and was told to talk to DJI and probably send it in. It's now usable after updating the software but my camera operator says he still sees some pixelation. I flew the inspire 1 with my iPad air 2 and the video was really solid and clean. It's frustrating that a prosumer machine works better than a "pro" machine.

PF
I would be hard pressed to buy another DJI product. What really pees me off is the lack of knowledge of the dealers. I didn't buy from Aerial Media Pros but met them at the NAB show and was impressed with their knowledge. So I contacted them and they said the lightbridge has been a real challenge for them.(kindly said) They said it was the lightbridge, gimbal or the GCU. It could be one of each or all three.

Switching to channel 10 (manual mode inside channel configuration of the app) solve the main pixelation in my case. I still get some pixels in specific areas that I believe come from interference, and I'm looking for another ground antennas to test. I've asked the people from video aerial systems to recommend me one.

I would be hard pressed to buy another DJI product. What really pees me off is the lack of knowledge of the dealers. I didn't buy from Aerial Media Pros but met them at the NAB show and was impressed with their knowledge. So I contacted them and they said the lightbridge has been a real challenge for them.(kindly said) They said it was the lightbridge, gimbal or the GCU. It could be one of each or all three.
I read somewhere that someone with a similar issue sent his in to the service center and they replaced the camera HDMI cable and that fixed it. I just don't want to send mine in if I can avoid it. I haven't had time recently to test fly mine to see if it still has an issue but I will try to soon. It worked well on our last shoot but we should be getting a crystal clear picture on our short range LOS flights! If I ever tried to do a live broadcast and needed the quality, I want it to work properly.

baker2055

A RC guy from Portugal said I might want to check my antennas on the copter. Seems they were touching at one point. Rerouted them and it has solved most of the pixiling.

baker2055

Is anyone using an iPhone or ipad app with any success. I cannot change the transmission mode from HD to realtime or smooth. When I turn on the app the transmission mode will not highlight in order to change it. I was able to do it a few times and the downlink was fairly clear and did not pixel much at all. Now I'm not able to change from HD so image quality is unusable. Hope someone out there can shed some light on my ongoing saga.

baker2055

Finally my dealer took my s900 in to check out this problem, finds out its the gimble. Wow that only took 2 months!! What next, will he just replace with a new one or will I have to wait until this one is back from DJI? Stay tuned!

baker2055

Packed up the Zenmuse GH4 gimbal today...Dji said not to call unless you haven't heard from us in more than 6 weeks!

baker2055

Well guys...I got an email from DJI saying there is nothing wrong with your gimbal send your LB in. Told my dealer because he was the one that determined it was the gimbal and not the LB. He was in contact with DJI but as of now there has been no reply. Got the gimbal back last week, put it on the s900 and perfect feed. I was so excited but at the same time why was it working now, they did nothing to it?? But I did figure it was -5C in Canada and +30 in Torrance Ca. It just wanted to go on a trip.