Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I think thats my problem... it realy doesnt got the the bootloader I guess, what ever I do, it always boots up normally.. and the boot button does respond with the click.. I tryed pushing it everthing from 1 sec to 20sec... :(

A small drop of WD40 on the tiny button switch will restore firmware load mode capability. I had the same problem. WD40 was George's suggestion and it worked. Apparently the little switch dries out or something.

Probably best to remove the top cover so that the WD40 can be directed just at the sides of the button switch rather than all over everything.

zellevision

Freelance
A small drop of WD40 on the tiny button switch will restore firmware load mode capability. I had the same problem. WD40 was George's suggestion and it worked. Apparently the little switch dries out or something.

Probably best to remove the top cover so that the WD40 can be directed just at the sides of the button switch rather than all over everything.

Respect! The "Mac Gyver" trick did work! Thanks Mombasa! Who could guess.....

Coptaire

I see some advertisements for a Picloc-3X PRO II.
And I find 2 pictures of Picloc-3X PRO slightly different. One is mentioning "GPS" close to the ports.
Is there just one version of Picloc-3X PRO or a newer one?
Apparently, it is just a cosmetic/port designation difference.

EDIT: Georges confirmed that they are the same. There is just one PRO version.
Same problem than many had: The USB connector is badly soldered.
Sent back to George hospital, for a quick ironing surgery;

About .NET prerequisite install, It works with .NET 4.0, don't need the .NET 3.51 installation step.

Have a question about using optional GPS.
Which model can we use? How about the wiring?
Does someone try an XBee uplink to send a target GPS coordinates, updating Picloc in order to stick on moving target?

no connection to Windows 7

hello,
I have to post again with my old problem. Hope somebody can help me.
Since I installed Windows 7, I don't manage to connect to Picloc anymore.
Here my old post: http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...-3x-setting-experience-etc.&p=27188#post27188

I think many of you use Windows 7, no? Do I have to install more than the 3.5 framework and VCP?

Flashmagic recognizes the Picloc and I can install the firmware. PiclocToolz doesn't recognize Picloc.

Help!
Thanks!

luchtshot

HI All,

Small update here, after all the problems we had, now we are quite happy with the piclock 3x pro now. I did put hd055 in the pc and the pl and use it with an octo, av200.
I use the pc for tilt an roll, without the slew function, but with stabilation. The pan of the av200 is comming directly from the rc receiver.
My camaran is now happy, now we need nice weather here to do more practice flight. (it was 3 to 4+ bfr wind gusting).

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
http://vimeo.com/39850010

with picloc3X and fw 0,56
we like it....

lg Achta

I like it! Good smooth flying and camera work. Which point version of v56 is that? I had all sorts of really basic problems with 56.43 and have reverted to E055 on the Copterworks heli and HD55 on the AV200 for now.

It is also mandatory to state which camera and mount you used for videos posted here ... :)

George says he will be locked in his development cage deep underground and will be denied food, water and sleep until he has produced the update.

looks very nice. no high frequecy vibrations on the video. thats the problem im dealing with. I think too much vibs are getting to the picloc.

Have you had any issue of the drifting roll axis on the latest firmware? I still cant seem to get rid of it!

I would love to see you setup flying in windy gusty conditions and see the quality of the video then... because you cant ensure there is no wind on evey job!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Have you had any issue of the drifting roll axis on the latest firmware? I still cant seem to get rid of it! ...

I get endless drifting and just general meandering around on both Tilt AND Roll with FW v056.43 - and that is sitting on a table, long before vibrations are entered into the equation. Of course Pan still lives in a world of its own. This was with FOUR different 3X Pro's on a Copterworks gimbal and an AV200. Two different axis hierarchies but same 3X issues and with four similar cases, not a hardware issue.

There are some really nice additions to v56, like fine tune sliders for really exact settings and a selectable choice to include or remove Tx ATV's from each axis but something is strange about the basics. Even stranger is that some folks seem to be getting decent results. Like the achta boys.

Eagerly awaiting the fruits of George's Easter session.

GeorgeM

>>George says he will be locked in his development cage deep underground and will be denied food, water and sleep until he has produced the update. << !!LOL!!

Came up for a breath of fresh air out of the den....and hungry too :))
Mombasa... had a look at the older code E055. In this firmware, the Gyro was internally set to 42Hz.
I think that you can re-create the E055 scenario with V56.43 and set the gyro filtering to same. ( Its adjustable now.. and you can try other settings as well ).

for all those who have not tried v56.43 yet... it's here.
DL Toolz and Firmware, and view Readme.txt in firmware link.

What comes from this weekend will be shared later after testing in flight.

@Achta... Sweet video !!! Oktocam is a nice machine.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... Came up for a breath of fresh air out of the den....and hungry too :))
Mombasa... had a look at the older code E055. In this firmware, the Gyro was internally set to 42Hz.
I think that you can re-create the E055 scenario with V56.43 and set the gyro filtering to same...

AHA !! Breaking the rules again !

I had tried a variety of Gyro Bandwidth rates, following a suggestion from Eric, but to no avail. I still got this meandering and drifting which is not apparent in either E055 or HD55.

However, I have once more loaded 56.43 onto a spare 3XP and will give it another shot. Send me a link to the new beta and I'll help test it.