Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp can only talk about basic stabilization were I was not to happy about it, drifts at the moment the motors started.

Boris

holco

Ok then I will not loose my time on that one ;)

Tried the 2012_02_17 and was also not very happy about that one, looks like there is a resolution los and also a drifting roll.

Coptaire

Hello,
On W7x64, I install the latest Toolz with no problem, the driver created the USB comport, and I attempted a connect, which worked fine (with error > bad FW).
I followed the procedure to upgrade firmware, got the red led, and flash magic (configured) launched made the white LED on.
When i click the start, I got erasing.... but when entering programming (hexfile HD55_PRO) I got "unable to communicate (transmit/receive).

What's wrong??? any idea?

EDIT: Have .NET Framework 4, now installing 3.5.
.NET 3.5 does not install (install button or from msoft), it seems .NET 4.0 must be removed?
It is a little annoying to screw installed apps. retrying the whole process from a laptop (W7x32)
Someone got same issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

holco

Tested 2012_02_22_P3X_HD55_PRO.hex

Also tackled that the drifting problems with the HD firmwares coms because the picloc is more sensitive on the power line, changed the CC BEC with a 2S lipo
and all drifting and shaking problems are gone when the motors are running.

short test clip, no acceleration on the tilt/roll

zellevision

Freelance
Hi.
Want to try the DL fw, but cant connect to PL with flashmagic. I do have connection with picloctool, but flashmagic refuses.
Ofc I do the settings by George http://www.rotorpics.com/images/stories/FlashMagic_ScreenGrab.jpg
All I get is autobound etc.... Tryed to change the seriel port in windows, test connection with PL-tool, all ok, but no connection on the same port with flashmagic :( Now the download at flashmagic is v. 6.30, and George says "download flashmagic 6.0"... cant find earlier version, could this be the problem?

Coptaire

Picloc-3X PRO has different hardware versions?

I see some advertisements for a Picloc-3X PRO II.
And I find 2 pictures of Picloc-3X PRO slightly different. One is mentioning "GPS" close to the ports.
Is there just one version of Picloc-3X PRO or a newer one?
Apparently, it is just a cosmetic/port designation difference.

EDIT: Georges confirmed that they are the same. There is just one PRO version.
IMG_0471.jpg

attachment.php

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Your FlashMagic window looks just like mine (of course with the exception of the COM port in use). So, I do not know what the problem is, sorry.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Zell did you try messing with the com port settings in windows. Set it to 9600 Baud for the comport configuration - Windows Hardware configuration. Might not be the case but was a old game i always had to play with my xbees

Boris

zellevision

Freelance
Zell did you try messing with the com port settings in windows. Set it to 9600 Baud for the comport configuration - Windows Hardware configuration. Might not be the case but was a old game i always had to play with my xbees

Boris

Mombasa, I know!

Boris, yes I have. Tryed different bauds, com ports, etc... I think theres something wrong with mine..., maybe George knows?

Tested 2012_02_22_P3X_HD55_PRO.hex

Also tackled that the drifting problems with the HD firmwares coms because the picloc is more sensitive on the power line, changed the CC BEC with a 2S lipo
and all drifting and shaking problems are gone when the motors are running.

short test clip, no acceleration on the tilt/roll

holco, very nice, is that the AV130 mount your using? How did the servos handle being powered directly from the 2S Lipo?

zellevision

Freelance
The only time I have gotten that autobaud message is when I forgot to push the button on the picloc to get it into update mode prior to flashing.

I think thats my problem... it realy doesnt got the the bootloader I guess, what ever I do, it always boots up normally.. and the boot button does respond with the click.. I tryed pushing it everthing from 1 sec to 20sec... :(