Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Fredasss

George I've pm you my xbee model, still wait for your answer..
but with what you told me the speed of 9600 will be too slow..
(I don't care about graph).

Skysurf

I am looking for firmware version 055 for a standard version Picloc. Can someone upload it or help me find it?

Thanks,

Jesper

PaNt

Hey George...! a Question.. i have a vibe free system but i cannot make the picloc work right..!

I try to setup it from the start but i tried to do what you are doing on your videos but i couldnt..!

For instance i tried with 0 gain to turn thegimbal 30ο and then i raised the propotional gain and it was going a lot more than the normal position..! and if i had to be on the normal i had to put 10 gain..1

I have 360 servos is this the problem??

THen o tried to do it while it was hanged and i have a meter on the wall and a laser on the gimbal and the problem was the same..!

My gimbal is PS1 with 6:1 on titlt and PAN and Roll is 7:1...

I have the X1 version..! what you think?!

Last edited by a moderator:

PaNt

Hey George...! a Question.. i have a vibe free system but i cannot make the picloc work right..!

I try to setup it from the start but i tried to do what you are doing on your videos but i couldnt..!

For instance i tried with 0 gain to turn thegimbal 30ο and then i raised the propotional gain and it was going a lot more than the normal position..! and if i had to be on the normal i had to put 10 gain..1

I have 360 servos is this the problem??

THen o tried to do it while it was hanged and i have a meter on the wall and a laser on the gimbal and the problem was the same..!

My gimbal is PS1 with 6:1 on titlt and PAN and Roll is 7:1...

I have the X1 version..! what you think?!
George can you help or not? Pls support us!!!

GeorgeM

Hi PaNt.... sorry for not getting back to you in time. I was out of contact for a while due to extreme work pressure.

>>>I try to setup it from the start but i tried to do what you are doing on your videos but i couldnt..!<<<<

Pavlos, your PS1 Camera Mount has 3x 360 servos and the videos you saw were for the AV200 ( most probably ).
You ( most probably ) had the Picloc mounted on the Pan arch...

When the camera mount has 3x 360 continuous rotation servos, Picloc has to be mounted inside the inner axis.. ie.. your TILT axis, and, the arrow has to be pointing in the direction of tilt.. ( forwards or backwards it doesn't matter ).
This way, Picloc is commanding the velocity of the 3x 360 servos to keep itself stable and in the same position.
Like in the 3rd video on my website forntpage.... similar setup and mount hierarchy -> Picloc-3X PRO with PS1 VR-360 gimbal

The way to set it up is different to what I show in the video tutorials for the AV200, and I suggest we meet for 30mins on Skype and I set the mount for you from here (remotely) as long as you have a webcam.
Email me with a comfortable tome for you...tomorrow Sunday, I'm at home all day working on finishing and testing the new firmware. So I'm available, preferably before 5PM my local time.

GeorgeM

Bart.. thanks for grouping the gimbal stabilization threads in one forum section. It makes a lot of sense.
I like it.

GeorgeM

@Fredass - When I tried to make it work with 9600, even changing the slider of a gain setting will flood the Xbee at 9600, and comms is unreliable.
I will have to make an XBEE WRITE button on Toolz, so that info is sent only once and with no flooding of the serial link.
However, Im afraid that the PiclocToolz setting experience and instant feedback of what you've done back into Toolz ( which is GREAT !) , is lost, greatly compromising the setup safety.
I will try to see if I manage to find a loophole and make it work at 9600 for old Xbee's.

PaNt

Hi PaNt.... sorry for not getting back to you in time. I was out of contact for a while due to extreme work pressure.

>>>I try to setup it from the start but i tried to do what you are doing on your videos but i couldnt..!<<<<

Pavlos, your PS1 Camera Mount has 3x 360 servos and the videos you saw were for the AV200 ( most probably ).
You ( most probably ) had the Picloc mounted on the Pan arch...

When the camera mount has 3x 360 continuous rotation servos, Picloc has to be mounted inside the inner axis.. ie.. your TILT axis, and, the arrow has to be pointing in the direction of tilt.. ( forwards or backwards it doesn't matter ).
This way, Picloc is commanding the velocity of the 3x 360 servos to keep itself stable and in the same position.
Like in the 3rd video on my website forntpage.... similar setup and mount hierarchy -> Picloc-3X PRO with PS1 VR-360 gimbal

The way to set it up is different to what I show in the video tutorials for the AV200, and I suggest we meet for 30mins on Skype and I set the mount for you from here (remotely) as long as you have a webcam.
Email me with a comfortable tome for you...tomorrow Sunday, I'm at home all day working on finishing and testing the new firmware. So I'm available, preferably before 5PM my local time.

OK i would like to contact you but i have the picloc exactly as you describe...!inner axis near the cam and the and the arrow is on titl.!
whats the time there now??! Here its 1:30 :):)
If you can pls PM me your skype to check if it is the same that i have..! thank you!

GeorgeM

Hi Dmitry... not too happy about latest delay I'm informed with...but...
they're coming soon, and from what I've seen, they're really solid built to take abuse.

PaNt

Thx to George that he helped with the setup on my picloc..!

I had a lot things wrong so he did the corrections..! ALso he told me some tips :p :)

THank you George..

AA the new version is coming and it will be performing great...!!!! But we have a month..!

njozsef

Please help me.

I not found the good working picloc V55 firmware and tools on the rotorpics website.
Thank you.
Jozsef Nagy

GeorgeM

Jochen.... sadly , whenever I gave a date to something, there was always delays.
Strangely enough, when I do not give dates, stuff works very efficiently.

So I will politely refrain from replying, in the hope that this gets out really really quick.

Hope to have answered your question with positiveness.

George

Fredasss

How to upgrade the first picloc 3x to V2 ? What's the process with you ?
And what about the picloc looking like the skyline form ? Have you prices and release dates ?