Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Fredasss

I've tried the 57.15 with success, by chance no bug in pan.. still wait for the final release but it's really better than the 56.
theres still roll issues loosing horizontal while translating, but I suppose it's because it's not the final version.. but already works very well.

PaNt

I've tried the 57.15 with success, by chance no bug in pan.. still wait for the final release but it's really better than the 56.
theres still roll issues loosing horizontal while translating, but I suppose it's because it's not the final version.. but already works very well.

Do you have 360 servos or with pot??

PaNt

Guys a question about the 56.76 Version!>..

When i do fast roll inputs then you see the Horizon is ok..! When i try to do sideways with aileron it starts great but then the horizon is not great..!

Thats strange because on the fast roll is ok and on a sideway is ok on the start and then the horizon is going a little back..>!

I have 360 servos.>!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... When i try to do sideways with aileron it starts great but then the horizon is not great..

This is a known limitation that may be addressed, as I understand it, in v.57. The same thing happens with the MK FC camera control. With quick movements the Roll horizon is stabilised but with extended sideways flight the camera leans into the direction of travel after a few seconds. Two operator setups can accommodate it but it is a pain for single operators. The only way to avoid it is to start the sideways movement slowly so that the MR does not lean over much. Once it has started moving it is possible to increase the sideways speed gently without upsetting the Roll horizon unduly.

PaNt

This is a known limitation that may be addressed, as I understand it, in v.57. The same thing happens with the MK FC camera control. With quick movements the Roll horizon is stabilised but with extended sideways flight the camera leans into the direction of travel after a few seconds. Two operator setups can accommodate it but it is a pain for single operators. The only way to avoid it is to start the sideways movement slowly so that the MR does not lean over much. Once it has started moving it is possible to increase the sideways speed gently without upsetting the Roll horizon unduly.

Hmmm ok.. There is no problem as i have cam operator!!! George pls check that if you can.. MOmba the tilt and pan are working ok on 56.76??

What about 57 any differences??

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... the tilt and pan are working ok on 56.76??

What about 57 any differences??

I have not yet been able to assess the pan with the AV200. It is disconnected and bolted down as everything with the MR is done solo. I fully expect it to be uninspiring! The supplied servo is as slow as I have ever seen. As for Roll and Tilt, one learns to live within the limitations and fly accordingly. I have still not been able to explain the occasional little jerk that both axes might give now and then. As I do not have a wotsit I am still on 56.75. I have not ventured into v.57 and I won't until it has been proven to work. I'll let all you blokes suffer with that and then swoop in when the mess has been cleared up.

I believe that for the time being there are NO cut and dried winners in the camera mount and camera mount stabilisation game yet and until it is approached from an entirely different perspective I do not expect it to change much. I liken it all to audio cassettes. Phillips invented the audio cassette. They were the most abominable solution to audio reproduction ever conceived and yet one could still pay thousands for esoteric HiFi systems that endeavoured to overcome the inherent awfulness of the media. THAT was the pure definition of trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.

And then, Phillips invented the audio CD and we never had to be troubled by wow, flutter, hiss and dirty, magnetized tape heads or twisted magnetic tape again.

Camera mounts and stabilisation are still at the audio cassette stage, with folks working around their limitations to produce some remarkably good results - just like the expensive cassette HiFi's. However, the whole technology is waiting for the 'CD' quantum change in approach.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Nothing like that - I hope. My AD-8 started off with Vislero flat LiPo's and an SLR2 mount. Then, when it became necessary to carry an HDMI converter around for the NEX and the GH2 I added another storey to accommodate it. This all meant that the camera was getting really close to the ground. Plus, I was not that happy about the MK FC tendency to allow the camera to lean in the direction of travel during extended sideways flight. The Picloc 3X was out so I decided to try one with the PH AV200 and ordered the 360 kit as well.

However, all the MR stuff to date has been done solo i.e. without a camera operator, which means that the pan facility is not required. Although it is all wired up for a quick change to 3-axis with a second operator, up till now the pan axis has been locked down and disconnected. That is why I don't know how it performs. But, as I mentioned, I don't expect anything great out of it.

For a start, the magnetometer is useless because, without placing PL out on a long pole to the side, it is never going to be far enough from the magnetism of the servos to be unaffected and has to be disabled in Toolz. So, the pan axis will be relying solely on gyros to keep the heading - and that means it will drift. Secondly, the Pan servo supplied with the AV200 is slow as hell. By the time it catches up the operator will have already moved the camera round.

In all probability I will be doing a few jobs in a couple of weeks using a camera operator. I'll let you know then what I think about the pan axis. :)

Skysurf

From our experience, the pan axis works well with the Picloc even when using fairly slow servos. The pan servo does not have to be very fast as long as the operator of the multirotor does not yaw the craft too quickly - and when flying a multirotor there is really no point in doing that.

Drifting is not an issue since the the camera operator is constantly controling the pan movement. Even though we have not been using the magnometer, we have not seen any drifting.

/Jesper

From our experience, the pan axis works well with the Picloc even when using fairly slow servos. The pan servo does not have to be very fast as long as the operator of the multirotor does not yaw the craft too quickly - and when flying a multirotor there is really no point in doing that.

Drifting is not an issue since the the camera operator is constantly controling the pan movement. Even though we have not been using the magnometer, we have not seen any drifting.

/Jesper

I can confirm that. No problem with pan at all. My cameraoperator does not want to fly without pan anymore.

Regards

Derek