1001copters.com Photohigher News

There are several problems with the new firmware 1.1.4 for the skyline:

- When your machine turn around Z axis (yaw) the roll and tilt of the stabilization are influenced: the gimbal starts to react on roll and tilt stronger and stronger to finaly cut off.

- No end limits for roll

Photohigher has been warned about these problems and I also request some changes in the software like:

- having numerical values for the sliders
- having the firmware number of the skyline appearing in the control software

The turbine (membrer of the french Mikrokopter board) have found how the "SET LEVEL " works.

here's his comments:

- before powering the skyline, place the camera tray horizontal (both tilt and roll)
- power the skyline, check the horizontality of the camera tray, move it if necessary to be horizontal
- click on the button [power on]
- you can now ckick on [set level]. the software will write this reference position.
- if you click again on [power on] it will stay like this on the next powering on.

In the case of the cinestar gimbal, it has been necessary to remove the belt from the pulley because neutral point wasn't set correctly in the software (leading to servos running continuously). Once neutral point correctly set up, check the stabilization by watching how the servo is turning. make a small balance of the gimbal in one direction and check if the servo is running in the good direction. If it's not the case, check the [reverse button] in the software.
then you can replace the belts

The tilt end position is working and controled by a potentiometer on the radio.
For the roll: no way: impossible to set up the end course on the roll, nor assigning a potentiometer on the radio. Whatever the position of the slider: no way to set up the roll correctly.

During the test, the Skyline has shut off completly (blue led on) while balancing too much.

I hope this will help understanding things on the skyline before having a complete manual :)

I have nearly finished my test bench for the Skyline, I will update news ad videos on my youtube channel and tweeter account.

Best regards,
Cédric

Actually Photohigher is focusing on the skyline firmware problem. I know they are working also on HERO gimbal but I have no more infos about pricing and availability, I'm sorry.

Hi,

Photohigher has informed me that the roll servo wheel can present a small problem on the last AV200 delivered (since 10 days): during the laser cutting process, the plastic sheet has moved resulting in a non concentric center hole.
This problem can lead to hard point on the roll course.

If you see such a problem on your newly buyed AV200, please inform your reseller immediatly. Photohigher will provide you a replacement part.

Best regards,
Cédric

The inspection assembly can'tdetect this kind of problem because all the gimbl are tested plugged. The massive torque of the servo doesn't see the "hard point". You can only see it by rotating the gimbal by hand.
I'm pretty sure that it won't be seen on videos because the servo's torque is much more important that the hard point.

But mechanically it has to be changed, it's sure :)

the hoverfly stabilisation card is still using the analogical method to compensate. It send a servo signal. the skyline is sendinf conituously a neutral point to the servo and it changes the motors directly from the poteniometer input allowing a far much faster answer of the servo.
I bet that when the skyline will have pass thru her yougness problem, it will beat all other standard analogical stabilisation system (with potentiometers) :)

I'm not speaking about the tests I'm doing, I'm speaking about the test done by photohigher.
I really don't think that Photohigher's staff is releasing products with such a default consciously.

about the current drawing, I don't know how photohigher is doing their tests and what is their acceptance criteria.

anyway that's not the scope of this thread :)