Panasonic G7 Arrived

Pumpkinguy

Man! That's a bit cheaper :)

Kopterworx did the ground work. Found the right board, soldered a molex harness and shrink wrapped it. I don't blame them for charging $100. They are providing a service.

For the diy guys you can do this all yourself. The molex harness is available at hobby king for $1.

Pumpkinguy

@Giovanni59
Here are the ones I got from goodluckbuy.com

I made all 3 immersion ready. Direct plug n play. All 3 worked with the gh4 tonite when I tested them. The switch position doesn't seem to make a difference. With ntsc anyway. That's probably why my kopterworx version had the switch removed.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 20150727_231039.jpg
    20150727_231039.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 20150727_231050.jpg
    20150727_231050.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 219

wsalopek

I sent back the G7, Pany confirmed it will not output HDMI live, only playback.

Giovanni,

I have a G7 (for ground-based use), and am considering the purchase of a GM1/5 for aerial photography. I am trying to determine if the GM1/5 will simultaneously output live video (either vie HDMI or analog/composite), so I can use the GM1/5 for taking images and also use it for FPV.

In this thread and others, folks want to use the HDMI out from the camera. My question is, why not use the composite video out for FPV? Isn't that good enough for FPV? Which would eliminate the need for the HDMI converter box?

But of course the other question though, is will the GM1/5 output simultaneous video via composite while filming or taking pictures?

Thanks...

--

Bill