Onwards and Upwards !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Koi

So iv took the plunge now!

Had a busy few weeks with some personal/family things so not done much up until last week, but since then I've paid and booked on the end of July course in Manchester with Resource, I'm glad thats booked because it looks like the courses are getting booked up quite quickly and Fiona is always very helpful so i thank her for that.

As for which platform i was going to learn and end up flying, after getting some advice from a few of the main sellers in the UK, iv decided on the S1000 + A2 + GH3. So took the drive upto Chorley and brought her home last Friday.
Had a busy few days so didn't touch her, and to be honest i was a bit nervous about embarking on the build but after i got it out the box yesterday, those nerves were quickly put to rest.

This is my first ever build.

Every part of the S1000 is 100% quality even the packaging. The frame plates, arms and landing gear all carbon fibre.
It took me 1 hour 35 mins to build it, thats without fitting the A2, and it all went pretty easily with no significant problems except for one, i found it very difficult to do the very first part which i thought would be the easiest, and that was simply pushing the landing gear legs into the skid tubes, it was a nightmare for me! but after that it was very straight forward.

Attachments

• IMG_5885.jpg
    IMG_5885.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_5889.jpg
    IMG_5889.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5891.jpg
    IMG_5891.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5898.jpg
    IMG_5898.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5899.jpg
    IMG_5899.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_5900.jpg
    IMG_5900.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 272

Tahoe Ed

I built 6 of them for NAB in Las Vegas. It was a lot of fun and I agree that the quality of this copter is superb.

Mick Koi

They certainly are Ed, and Ed was it just me being a novice or have you found fitting the landing legs into the skid tubes quite difficult on any of the ones you built?
Im yet to even buy any Lipos or even a RC yet, I'm going to be getting things is as i go along, i was thinking the Futaba 14SG...

Status
Not open for further replies.