New to Multirotors and Naza. Questions with set up.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yes, increase your gains until it is stable. As I said, I am controlling my gains with the VR knob on my Radio, if it is unstable, I give it more gain until she is stable... GPS Calibration is fun, I have watched video after video on it. Make sure you get magnetic North correct on it, or it will drift in flight.

DesJardins

Wobbly as in "twitchy" or wondering around?
And in both Atti & GPS modes?

If it's twitchy and wobbling the gains might be too high (Basic gains for Pitch/Roll)
If it's wandering like a bad lock it could be low gains or if in GPS the compass might need to be recalibrated and repositioned for magnetic declination in your area.

Atti gains for Pitch/Roll affect stick input reaction.

I leave the Yaw and Vertical gains at about 120-130 and no issues there.

Basic Pitch/Roll are anywhere from 140-160 depending on wind, I also have my Atti Pitch/Roll gains at about 90 so that when I let off the stick the quad doesn't snap back to "Stabilization" as hard and flys a bit more free/loose for better forward flight in Atti mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Wobbly as in "twitchy" or wondering around?
And in both Atti & GPS modes?

If it's twitchy and wobbling the gains might be too high (Basic gains for Pitch/Roll)
If it's wandering like a bad lock it could be low gains or if in GPS the compass might need to be recalibrated and repositioned for magnetic declination in your area.

Atti gains for Pitch/Roll affect stick input reaction.

I leave the Yaw and Vertical gains at about 120-130 and no issues there.

Basic Pitch/Roll are anywhere from 140-160 depending on wind, I also have my Atti Pitch/Roll gains at about 90 so that when I let off the stick the quad doesn't snap back to "Stabilization" as hard and flys a bit more free/loose for better forward flight in Atti mode.

When I put my 10" Props on, I started to get the wobbles, increasing the gain worked for me but I think that was due to having the 8" props on it. Mine is just set to change (Basic gains for Pitch/Roll) from my VR knob.

DesJardins

Yeah there are many factors that could change the reason and require an increase or decrease in the Pitch/Roll basic gains.
I'm luck there are 2 adjustment knobs on my 8FGs so basic's are on the left, Atti's are on the right

:0)

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah there are many factors that could change the reason and require an increase or decrease in the Pitch/Roll basic gains.
I'm luck there are 2 adjustment knobs on my 8FGs so basic's are on the left, Atti's are on the right

I should have bought that radio... :) I was looking at a 10 for a while, used but still a nice radio.

DesJardins

Honestly I know more people with the T8J that have switched them over to UHF since it was lower cost to start with since going UHF takes over anyways.

a468bu

Ok I setup some different gains tonight and took it out for a flight. It is rock solid. I also read somewhere to take off in manual mode the switch. That's what I did. Works awesome. I see myself already wanting to build a disco and get some fpv gear.

DesJardins

Ok I setup some different gains tonight and took it out for a flight. It is rock solid. I also read somewhere to take off in manual mode the switch. That's what I did. Works awesome. I see myself already wanting to build a disco and get some fpv gear.
All it takes is one FPV flight and your hooked like a fish!

a468bu

I took it back out. This time I noticed it going in a circular pattern on GPS hold. In about a 4ft circle. I tested RTH with the fails age switch and shutting off transmitter. All worked as expected. I am running 3300mah 3c batteries. It started flashing red and I landed about 6 minutes into flight. When I charged the battery it only took 1570mah just about half capacity. I don't understand that.