New to Multirotors and Naza. Questions with set up.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Dumb question, but what port are you connected to on the Naza for your S-Bus? X2 right? not even sure if it will work in any other port.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Got me stumped..... Do you have another RX you can try this with? can you borrow or run to a local RC store? Has to be a faulty S-Bus on that Receiver....

Maybe a call to Futaba Tech Support?

Last edited by a moderator:

a468bu

I have nothing else to test. I called the place I purchased it from. He said he is going to talk with dji about it and see if they know what's up. If not hopefully they will swap out the receiver.

DesJardins

I have nothing else to test. I called the place I purchased it from. He said he is going to talk with dji about it and see if they know what's up. If not hopefully they will swap out the receiver.
Good to hear they are going to further investigate as I have been looking over options but without trying another Rx it can't be ruled out.

Anyone in your area have a spare you can test?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I am curious as to what you find... I am sure DesJardins would be interested too... keep us informed if you can please.

I guess at least you can use it if you put your RX back to traditional mode for now.

Good luck buddy, hope it gets resolved real quick for you, sorry but I am at a loss....

a468bu

I am curious as to what you find... I am sure DesJardins would be interested too... keep us informed if you can please.

I guess at least you can use it if you put your RX back to traditional mode for now.

Good luck buddy, hope it gets resolved real quick for you, sorry but I am at a loss....

I set it up in traditional mode, and did a test hover in my apartment tonight. All seems well. Thanks for the videos. I got a switch assigned to go into failsafe in any mode. This is a stock F450, Dji esc's, Dji motors, with Dji 10inch props for now. What should the gains be set at to start? I really want to get it outside and try but theres a few inches of snow on the ground and i don't want it to fall in there and get everything wet.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I could not tell you for the 10" blade right now. I am using the 8" but may move to the 10" tomorrow. Like you I have snow and hoping to get out shortly to test the 10" blades. Will try and echo my gains but I might be setting up for a GoPro mounted on it.

bigmoebbq

I had a similar problem with my Naza. I had to set it up Traditional instead. I also have the 8fgh radio so I set up my gains on the 2 TX knobs on the radio.

Left knob is for x1 Manual mode, right knob is x2 Attitude.

DesJardins

That would indicate a problem with the S.bus port on the Rx and would see if you can swap it right there infront of the shop to see if that's the case. Using S.bus is a thing of beauty over traditional if you have the option

bigmoebbq

yea Sadly it was an Orange RX so .... I may buy another Real Futaba X and give it a shot. So far I bought 8fg and 6 Orange Rx's with s-bus and 4 Frysky's no problems at all in traditional form

olof

Osprey
I had a problem using Sbus with an 8FG super, traditional works fine but the FUTL7666* R6203SBE 2.4GHz FASST Mid-Range Micro Receiver simply would not work with the Nasa config program, even though the sticks and switches worked fine and could be configured, I kept getting a CONFIG err.

My dealer replaced the receiver with a FUTL7627 Futaba R617FS Fasst 2.4Ghz 7 Channel receiver. I run that on traditional 7ch and it works fine.

So something is incompatible.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Thank both of you for all your help.

As I said, I would get back with you and my gains... now these will differ from person to person or setup to setup. I have mine set with 8" Props as follows.

Basic gains Pitch 110 roll 110 Yaw 135 Vertical 130
Pitch and roll are on a remote adjust and I am finding 160 and 160 is good for me right now.
Attitude Gain Pitch 130 roll 130

Hope this helps you out, I have even ran today with my GoPro mounted, with a 2650mAh Nano-Tech strapped to it.

The gains might get you close, as I said, I am trimming my gain control to around 160..

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I installed my 10" Props, and have had to increase my gains as it was on the wobble a little. I set my gains 140 140 135 130 / 130 130 My Pitch and Roll is still on VR so I can increase my gains up to 260 if needed. Certainly got a lot more flight time on the 10" Props, quieter and a little more fun to throw around :)

I am so getting used to this 450, I am having a blast with it.... :highly_amused: Can't wait to get my GPS... seems such a long time off.

a468bu

I took mine out side today for the first time. Not sure what my gains are right now. Have to go back and check. It was a little wobbly though. Higher gains fix that? I was in atti mode. I switched to GPS and it was not holding position too good. I think I have to recal the compass.