New style DJi Folding props.. how are yours ?

Jumpy07

As the S900 now comes with the new style folding props.. was wondering how people were getting on with these... ?

Have you had any failures / issues ?

The reviews look good.. just unsure of how long they will last.. or how much maintenance they will need..?

Attachments

• 1552_zps46d7f24b.jpg
    1552_zps46d7f24b.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 208

Fink

I believe these are the same props that come with the S1000. From what I have read and my own experience with them, they're durable and well-made and I haven't heard of many issues with them. The ones that shipped with my S1000 were well balanced and incredibly secure.

Hope that helps!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

kloner

Aerial DP
those look like the material we used to get from one of them high end tail rotor blade companies.... the name is escaping me.... but they worked good. do you guys balance these things or just run em out of the package?

maintnance should be keeping them from hitting anything but air and replacing it when they do. make sure the bolts not too tight or loose.....

Ronan

kloner you are right, they are the same as the S1000.

A few companies make a CF version which i have on my T810.

The only problems any of those have, is making sure the bolts have blue loctite on the end, and are 'just right'. Meaning not too tight or too loose.

ZAxis

The props are good but do vary in weight so its important to put matched pairs together. It seems like DJI do this when they produce the S900/1000. You need to take them off to check, I used a microbalance to weigh them to +/- .001 grammes. A jewellery balance will do if you can't access a high end balance. Chose pairs nearly equal in weight then used Scotch Magic tape to trim one to match the other. The patch was put about 1/3rd of the way out from the pivot, roughly on the c of g.
There is a recommended torque of 0.4Nm when retightening the bolts and a 'witness' blob of paint put on to show up any later movement. It's a good to get an idea of how tight the blades are before you take them off so you could redo them by touch alone.

andy