New Software & Firmware Ready For Phantom and Naza-M!

DJI officially released the new product Naza-M V2 last week with the new software and firmware. For Phantom and Naza-M, both of them share the same new software and firmware now.

1.WHAT’S NEW FOR NAZA-M, COMPARED TO NAZA-M V2 FIRMWARE?

FIRMWARE

• New attitude stabilize algorithm, provides better flight performance;
  • New flight control feeling (takeoff is more stable and easy; flight will be more smooth);
  • Auto course error compensation;
  • Support octo-rotor; Add protection for Hexa-copter, octo-copter when lost one motor power;
  • Add IMU advanced calibration, sensor error monitoring and protections function;
  • Support PMU module with CAN BUS port, could support iOSD, GoPro gimbal and Bluetooth LED module, and so on;
  • Increased demand for GPS signal strength, increased the compass interference monitoring and warning, maximumly reduced the effects of magnetic disturbance;
  • Add new LED information;
SOFTWARE

• New UI design, simple and easy to use.
MANUAL

• New Quick Start Guide, matched with the new assistant software;

2.WHAT’S NEW FOR PHANTOM, COMPARED TO NAZA-M V2 FIRMWARE?

FIRMWARE

• New flight control feeling (takeoff is more stable and easy; flight will be more smooth);

Please log into DJI website for more information or you can reach your dealers if you have any questions, thanks!

DJI officially released the new product Naza-M V2 last week with the new software and firmware. For Phantom and Naza-M, both of them share the same new software and firmware now.

1.WHAT’S NEW FOR NAZA-M, COMPARED TO NAZA-M V2 FIRMWARE?

FIRMWARE

• New attitude stabilize algorithm, provides better flight performance;
  • Auto course error compensation;
  • Support octo-rotor; Add protection for Hexa-copter, octo-copter when lost one motor power;
  • Add IMU advanced calibration, sensor error monitoring and protections function;
  • Support PMU module with CAN BUS port, could support iOSD, GoPro gimbal and Bluetooth LED module, and so on;
  • Increased demand for GPS signal strength, increased the compass interference monitoring and warning, maximumly reduced the effects of magnetic disturbance;
  • Add new LED information;
SOFTWARE

• New UI design, simple and easy to use.
MANUAL

• New Quick Start Guide, matched with the new assistant software;

2.WHAT’S NEW FOR PHANTOM, COMPARED TO NAZA-M V2 FIRMWARE?

FIRMWARE

Please log into DJI website for more information or you can reach your dealers if you have any questions, thanks!

HI DJI

Does the V2 work with Futaba Rx 7008SB using sbus port connection instead of connecting all the channels individually?

Tahoe Ed

The V2 will support S-Bus but not S-Bus 2. I believe your Rx has both. If you set up in Mode B and connect the S-Bus to X2 you should be able to calibrate your Tx in Assistant. If not, then you will need a different Rx.

Nicodema

HI DJI

Does the V2 work with Futaba Rx 7008SB using sbus port connection instead of connecting all the channels individually?

If you find out for yourself I'd love to know if this does work. I have the Naza M V1, running the last gen firmware, but if the new firmware does support the R7008SB I'll be upgrading for just this reason.

Cheers

Martyn

If you find out for yourself I'd love to know if this does work. I have the Naza M V1, running the last gen firmware, but if the new firmware does support the R7008SB I'll be upgrading for just this reason.
Martyn, why would u want to switch to the 7008? As Ed pointed out above, the only way it will work with the Naza or Wookong is putting the receiver in Mode B (Sbus only, not Sbus2) which means u loose your telemetry capabilities, if I understand the documentation correctly.

Nicodema

I believe the S.BUS2 functionality is independent of the S.BUS settings. I can't see anything in the documentation to imply a dependency of the S.BUS2 on the S.BUS mode and I didn't notice a loss of telemetry when I attempted to use the R7008SB in Mode B. It's not an S.BUS only mode, it just swaps from "8 x analog" to "7 x analog + S.BUS"

The answer to your question is that I currently have the R7008SB set up in 8 x analog, with the huge amount of tagliatelli required to run the Naza off it, but I want to run it in 7 x analog + S.BUS so I can use a single cable, while still having a direct channel for gimbal control if necessary.