New Gopro 3

kloner

Aerial DP
this is the three stop, even at dawn, same filter on all these

should have used the polarized on this flight. Was a maiden and this filter has a small chip so it's a donater, well was till it disentigrated at mach1

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Looks good, thanks for that.

Now the wait til my Disco Pro arrives............. :mushroom:

kloner

Aerial DP
pretty sure you can rent it

here is the filter and no filter just simple out back kinda thing. left is a 4 stop, might be a bit much, if i get time later i'll do a 3 stop

ianc212

I am really enjoying my GoPro3 Black, record at 2.7k (well beyond 1920 x 1080) @ 30 fps for short FPV flights and get razor sharp images..... But for some reason when I upload to YouTube and Vimeo the resulting uploaded videos are not nearly as sharp. In any case for what it is worth here is a flyover on Hole 5 at a local golf club also taking advantage of the GoPro live output feed thru my FPV system. A bit of drama near the end of the vid...... I like the GoPro Black because it provides tremendous value and flexibility and is super light in weight which gives me more airtime and smooth flights with a brushless 2 axis gimbal. see here............... https://vimeo.com/72446025

Thats the classic problem, GoPro in protune can film up to 4k res at 24 fps ( I think its 24) but unfortunately just about everyting you watch the footage on doesnt handle 4k that well. Vimeo and youtube downgrade anyway due to bandwidth issues. Some tv companies sell 4k tv`s but most skipped that step as they are more interested in 3d and so are investing reasearch into that. Some of the cinema stuff is 4k and I think I watched a film a few weeks ago in cinema at 8k.Some people ( including me) got all carried away with black edition and 4k, which is good, but not as useable as you think it might be.

kloner

Aerial DP
only 15fps... the 2.7 is a really nice cleaner looking recording

Got my new cam out yesterday with the polarized filter and it in 2.7k cinema 24k

going back to last week with the nd filter in 1080 24

tstrike

pendejo grande

Got my new cam out yesterday with the polarized filter and it in 2.7k cinema 24k

[/video]

HOLY SHIZZNUTS!!!!!!! Dood, I've watched all your dave's videos and that's probably the smoothest one yet! Lets see some pics up close of the gimbal end of the disco bizness.

kloner

Aerial DP
crazy huh. we all may as well quit trying to build a better mouse trap if this is what there bringing to the table
012_795.jpg

http://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/disco pro/

globalwad

Great video kloner. Digging that this really doesn't look like regular fishy gopro video. You said this was 2.7k @ 24p, are you able to select narrow FOV with that setting? Any other tips are appreciated man, thanks.

rwilabee

Kloner - I forgot to ask regarding the polarpro nd filter. Does it matter which way it slips on as far as polarizing.

Thanks
Rich

that stupid power line failsafed me into the ground..... first time i've had that happen there...

i always shoot 1080 24p in protune...... you get the best bicture and the file sizes aren't stupid. 2.7 and you can fill 32 gigs in a hurry. i do 20 minute flights and it's like 3-4 gigs with good color/clarity. 24p creates cool motion blur too so it looks faster

Check out polarpro nd filters as well. i run the glass naked 3 stop..... have the whole set but that one works best. it's used in both hero3 shots i posted

kloner

Aerial DP
absolutely,,,,, hold it up to a monitor or cell phone with an led screen and make it light as possible..... that'll polarize it horizontaly

rwilabee

Hey Kloner....

I set a friend's GoPro up using the 1080 and 24. He has the GoPro 3. When he pans left and right that the objects on the horizon seem to be a little jerky for lack of a better word. As soon as he stops they are clear. Is that just the nature of the beast. He is running a very nice brushless gimbal on his quad and it is so smooth most of the time except for the pans on the horizon.

Thanks

Rich
that stupid power line failsafed me into the ground..... first time i've had that happen there...

i always shoot 1080 24p in protune...... you get the best bicture and the file sizes aren't stupid. 2.7 and you can fill 32 gigs in a hurry. i do 20 minute flights and it's like 3-4 gigs with good color/clarity. 24p creates cool motion blur too so it looks faster

Check out polarpro nd filters as well. i run the glass naked 3 stop..... have the whole set but that one works best. it's used in both hero3 shots i posted