New! DJI A2 GPS Pro Plus Exchange program

rilot

What's all this about then? DJI releasing an updated puck to fix the issues people have had?

http://www.dji.com/info/releases/in...gn&sc_src=email_92330&sc_eh=ec7669251296c61f1

29 Jan 2015 edit:
Adding details from @Tahoe Ed; regarding exchange program.........

Guys here is the procedure to get your puck exchange via DJI LA. You will need to call them to initiate the process.

The service number in Los Angeles is (818) 235 0789
  • A2 Compass Pro Plus upgrade program
    • Please cut an RMA for any customer who has an A2 flight controller system and would like to take advantage of DJI’s upgrade offer
    • The price of the upgrade is $180 including tax and shipping and they must include proof of purchase for their current A2 system.
    • The customer will pay to ship this to us; do not cut a shipping label for this
    • Please issue this as an RMA PS

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I had heard about it maybe six weeks ago but was told it was strictly a lab experiment that wasn't yet slated for production....it looks like they were happy enough with the performance improvements that they've gone public with it.

I've been trying to get one to try out but still haven't heard for sure...maybe today at CES I can ask about it.
Bart

rilot

I hope they are going to offer some kind of trade-in for those of us with the original puck. Not holding my breath though.

Claust

Read the wiki, what they are basically saying is tha the dji ground station bluetooth is interfering with the gps puck, so you can shell out on a new gps to correct that... :-/

Glennyboy

Who is going for it and if so is it worth it?

I purchased a A2 controller 1 year ago with contant gps problems and no help from DJI or where i purchased it from (Quadcopters in uk), the system never got used and is now just sat there doing nothing....goodbye £950

Maybe foolishly i purchased the s900 bundle with zenmuse and A2 which has been flawless, so would it be worth upgrading my first A2 with the new puck and see what happen?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
merged threads... @Tahoe Ed; has told me he's supposed to get a small batch as soon as they are available but AKAIK he's still waiting

MrMarr

I've just received mine and am having some issues!

When I power on my system (A2, Pro Plus Puck, iOSD2, Z15 HD on an S900) I get the Unsafe Start Up alert (beeping and rapid flashing red LED), when I try and calibrate the compass it fails? Any other suggestions as to the source of the unsafe start up alert?

One suspect, on the A2 assistant software I've updated everything I can however the GPS Module is saying "no updates", the loader is 0.0 and the ID is 200000 (suspiciously round numbers!). Is this normal or should I be able to update it?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, this has had me pulling my hair out for days! I really hope you guys can help!

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 09.51.04.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 09.51.04.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
You possibly need to go through the whole set up process again or at least check that everything is as it should be. Is this a completely new A2 or just an upgrade of the GPS puck?

MrMarr

It's a brand new a2, all the bits! I've double checked all the wireing, remapped all the channels, recalibrated the IMU, reupdated all the firmwares (apart from the GPS module, see image!).

Whatve I missed!