New Build...

smrceo

I havent been on forum half as much now that quad is flying lol...I love this frame a lot. Jello free. Super smooth in atti modes...manual its a rocket.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII with Tapatalk...spelling will be bad:)

smrceo

I have about fifteen fpv flights on this frame and Im loving it. I just realized I havemt tuned it at all and have just been flying through the tune...I want to tune it now. Any tips for a naza user?

I get real pitchy/uneven climb when doing hard collective. And im getting a slight bounce in the yaw...is this to high yae and too low pitch/roll?

timecop

I have about fifteen fpv flights on this frame and Im loving it. I just realized I havemt tuned it at all and have just been flying through the tune...I want to tune it now. Any tips for a naza user?

I get real pitchy/uneven climb when doing hard collective. And im getting a slight bounce in the yaw...is this to high yae and too low pitch/roll?

Looks like typial NAZA flying to me, fix it by upgrading to a less ****ty controller.

smrceo

Looks like typial NAZA flying to me, fix it by upgrading to a less ****ty controller.

Sweet thanks...its all better now thanks to your valueable input...

All seriousness..I have a naza. Not gonna change controllers because someone couldnt get theirs to work. Im sure there are better controllers out there (like the open pilot) but im working with what I have...

postaL

All seriousness..I have a naza. Not gonna change controllers because someone couldnt get theirs to work. Im sure there are better controllers out there (like the open pilot) but im working with what I have...

a $25 controller can fly better than a Naza on any given Sunday. It's a truth :( DJI marketing is what makes the Naza cost so much. Not because it's a good flight controller. It would seem unacceptable to have a flight controller do something bad because "Sun hits the side of the case". Right?

timecop

Last edited by a moderator:

b0nafide

How do you find your Q400 compared to your friends Flip FPV?

I'm considering either or... and possibly a TBS Disco but I'd really love feedback on each.

smrceo

I do realize there are numerous controller that are better. I will happily try another one down the road...I have watched all of Chris' videos and thats partly why I bought the frame. I am not into acro yet but I love the frame. I leave the acro for my helis at the moment. That Naze32 does intrigue me..and I will probably be building another quad soon.

As far as the frames...the HT frame went together great. It has tons of room and seems to fly real well (he is also on a naza) . We both run identical everything except he is running 9" graupners where I am running 8"s...He gets about a minute more flight time with same battery as he weighs in little lighter then me. I have however not broken anything yet (knock on wood) and he has replaced two arms (plastic) and several landing gear from mishaps. I have had a couple mishaps but the Q400 is a tank. I think I weigh more because the beefier arms (all that G10) and the pdb where we just built a wiring harness for his esc connections. also I have my GoPro hard mounted (3M GoPro mount) in the case for balance...No matter how I have mounted my gopro I have never had jello and on his FlipFpv we are chasing Jello away. Still havent managed to get a mount setup without jello on his.

smrceo

How do you find your Q400 compared to your friends Flip FPV?

I'm considering either or... and possibly a TBS Disco but I'd really love feedback on each.

forgot to mention I fly with another friend who was using a Disco..The disco build was also nice and convenient but his was always real twitchy. He couldnt smooth out his flying no matter what he did. (even different controllers) He is flying a NexAir NEO frame now. Its nice looking frame and flies real smooth and jello free...

smrceo

Well is swapped to a 8x3.8 slow fly prop from graupner 8x5 and LOS it seems smoother. It was very counterintuitivefor me to pit sucj cheap props but ill find out tomorrow how it truly worked out.

smrceo

Issues still there. I guess ill move this fc onto another frame and get a naze foe this one. Its still real smoooth and jello free but the intermittent yaws durong forward flight really become annoying...

uahio777

Nice build up 400-Q frame 4 wings for the rotation which is amazing for me i see this model first time that's why i want more knowledge about the model if you deliver me some more knowledge i shall be very thankful to you.