Aeroxcraft NEW! Aeroxcraft VTR125 Gimbal - For Sony Nex5N

LGU

Any word yet on the hdmi cable? I am all set up, I just need a cable that works. Does the DJI cable have an HDMI male at the gimbal end or some proprietary connection?

Aeroxcraft

Any word yet on the hdmi cable? I am all set up, I just need a cable that works. Does the DJI cable have an HDMI male at the gimbal end or some proprietary connection?
The HDMI cable with slim 90 deg connector will be available in a couple of weeks. The design is finalised. It has the Type A connector at the other end and can be made to custom lengths.

If you're after one get in touch via our website.
http://www.aeroxcraft.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Cheers
Rob

Kilby

Any more video from this gimbal yet? I have to buy a new gimbal, but I really haven't seen any video from this yet except for the demo that spins around so fast I get dizzy. Any normal users have video from this to share?

I have one and I'll say it's a good gimbal. I didn't get a chance to fine-tune my naza gains on the gimbal before I wrecked though, so no decent video. I can say it's tough and only a servo wire got cut in the crash. Patched that up and the gimbal still works fine. It is pretty expensive though considering the US exchange rate, for an extra hundred bucks you can get a photo-higher gimbal.

I've found this HDMI cable will fit, but only if you cut away the plastic shielding around the plug, and it's still a very tight fit.

Attachments

• 2012-10-02_17-58-26_226.jpg
    2012-10-02_17-58-26_226.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 323

kloner

Aerial DP
all your gains do is make it move more or less to correct the camera...... if you lean forward and the footage moves, it needs adjusting. what servos are you using? know there refresh rate?

I'm using SAVOX 1258TG servo's that came with the gimbal
I just did gain and frequency tests I tested 20, 25, and 30 gains on all frequency settings. For the test, I just recorded on my camera, tried those 3 gains on each frequency setting, and rocked the heli. 20 & 25 gain seems smoothest, keeping it fairly steady when i rocked it slow, but faster rocking shows the video moving allot more. The different frequency's seemed to make very slight differences, maybe 100 or 200 being the best. How smooth should I be able to get this? First gimbal setup ever..

kloner

Aerial DP
post the video........ if it's not counteracting enough, increase it, like 1 at a time till it over corrects then go into .x adjustments if it still isn't right.

Is it notchy?

Frequency isn't a game or a guess, it's a number your servo can support. Raised to high will smoke the servo.

can't find the info on your servo anywhere

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/savox/sc-1258

Video is uploading but could be a while.. Didn't know that about the frequency! I had been using the default 50hz for a while, and just used the others for maybe 30 seconds.

Yeah I would say it's notchy, does that mean it's fried or something? :eek:

EDIT: read the frequency is 200hz

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
no, the servo just stops when you fry it. notchy is using the dji for gimble control. only certain servos are kinda smooth but now perfect. was told that's why they made zenmeuse,,,, wtf?

Thanks for confirming the frequency. I've done allot of reading, and other people are having the same problem with wookong not being a good gimbal controller, mainly because of slow servo speed. That makes sense, because my camera was way more stable when I rocked it slowly. I don't have your suggested BEC setup, I assume that would help the speed some? I have a 6v BEC so I'll put one on tonight and see if it helps.

Aeroxcraft

Any chance you could build a custom rail mount for a droidworx CX4? I could provide measurements if required.
We did a CX4 mounting bracket for our little GoPro gimbal and we discontinued it due to lack of demand. The VTR125 is designed for fitting on rails and it would not be so straightforward to make an adapter for the CX4. Sorry, it would not be worth our while.

mark.bryant61

Allround Heli Pilot
That VTR125 looks a beautiful gimbal in the pics.
Anyone here in this forum know when Aeroxcraft is back at work from the Chrissy break? I'm wanting to get prices for a package...the quad 670 and gimbals etc. (Camera's will be Sony Nex5n and GoPro 3) and sent all the way down under........to Australia.
I sent an email from the Aeroxcraft website, but u know, this time of year. Everyones on hols.
Anyway, Happy Ho Ho everyone from Aus!
PS....love this website.....so much information......
Cheers
Mark B