Naza with HiTec Aurora 9

animau

Ho i forgot!
Do i have to setup the failsafe on the rx optima 7 to or just by the switch it ok?

tks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Billzilla

I don't think a slider would be good, because you can not be sure you are in the right mode. Sometimes a very small adjustment will change it, and you will be selecting Fail Safe as you travel from one mode to the next.

It worked all right for me, as the failsafe function didn't seem to happen immediately, it took a couple of seconds and that's more than enough to make sure the slider is in the correct position. One one end of the travel was GPS, the other Manual, and in the centre ATT. A few clicks either side of those gave me failsafe but I still didn't find it that hard to set. What also made it easy was that if I needed to stabilise the F550 quickly all I had to do was to jam the slider into the GPS position.

skivvie

Ho i forgot!
Do i have to setup the failsafe on the rx optima 7 to or just by the switch it ok?

tks again!

Definitely setup the fail safe on your Rx. Set it to just below hover on throttle and center the right stick so If the Naza blinks out, the RX will still have the fail safe ability to slowly descend to the ground. Odds are slim but backup your backup ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

animau

Hi again!
I have some difficulty to understand what value i have to change in my aurora9 to adjust the 3 different flight mode...
is it in the rate value in the gyro menu or is it else where....
tks !

skivvie

On the Aurora 9 set the Channel you are using to an open AUX. So for example if you are using channel 5 on your Rx plugged into the U channel on the Naza (I have a WKM not Naza so I'm just assuming it's the same here...) then you'll set Channel 5->AUX1 in the Channels menu on the A9. Then you'll set AUX1 to one of the three position switches. Then set the EPA for that channel so that when the switch is activated the slider lines up in the Naza software with one of the flight modes. Simplified version off the top of my head but I can give better instructions if you can't figure it out.

Codesource

Aurora 9 mode switch not recognized on Naza....

I have been unable to get the control mode slider to work on my Naza....the slider actually looks gray (disabled).

Does this mean my MC isn't seeing my GPS? (i've done the upgrade)

Thanks...

skypup

I have been unable to get the control mode slider to work on my Naza....the slider actually looks gray (disabled).

Does this mean my MC isn't seeing my GPS? (i've done the upgrade)

Thanks...

I am having the same issue. Ever figure out what is causing this? Thanks.

Hi I am new tot multiroters and the forum. I have a DJI 450 that I bought used with a used radio. I was having so many issues with the radio that I could not pass up the deal I got on the new Hitec Aurora 9X. So I have been able to figure out most of the settings from reading about the Aurora 9 and the U tube videos. I have run into a problem, when I plug in my naza into the software I get the following error; X1-ERR You’ve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel,or Tx didn’t powered on." I have my Aux 1 set on channel and to switch LT an Aux 2 set on channel 7 an the swith to RT. That is where I am stumped

Bowley

Thanks for the great pictures! Wow, that was fast. I have accomplished the basic setup......motors spin correct direction, throttle works correctly, etc. I did the firmware update (2.01) and it added the GPS...which I should be receiving by Monday. When setting up failsafe, all of the video's I have reviewed and the manual, state to use a 2 way switch. I elected to use a 3 way, as I can now switch from GPS-A-M. However, none of it stops on the fail safe portion of the slider bar in the setup assistant. Can you point out what I have done wrong?

You need to assign another switch/channel for FS and mix with your flight mode switch/channel. You still need to be able to switch between MAN/GPS to enable compass cal mode.