Naza V2 and Flame wheel gone!

bensid54

I saved my nickels and saved my dimes to get a Naza V2 so I can fly my Flame wheel 550 well. Turns out I like how the Quad flies compared to a hex so I got another Quad and did the Naza upgrade for the V2. Took it to work last night and flew it in our very large yard showing the guys I work with and letting them use the Fat Shark goggles. First set of batteries was no problem all went well, but not the case with the second set! Keep in mind I think this is my fault, I plugged the batteries in but forgot to turn on the radio. Once I noticed my mistake I turned on the radio and watched as the flashing green started to flash rapidly so I assumed it was ready to fly and took off. First thing was my control seemed to be sluggish then next thing I knew it slammed into another workers car then went straight up and took off into the darkness. I went looking for it in the daylight but with the amount of long grass in the farm fields and the drainage cannels plus ditches I had no luck finding it, for all I know it could be two miles away. Looks like another lesson learned always turn on the radio first then the batteries next and not the other way around, so all those blaming the Naza upgrade may have just made the same mistake I did.

Ronan

Well i have flown by turning the UAV on first and then the remote, with zero issues... I even have a thread up and how the Naza M V2 refused to recognized my radio unless i turned it on after the Naza M V2 (after doing a firmware update). I was worried about it and i was told it's fine. Turned out to be fine...

So yeah sucks... your insurance is paying for your coworker's car damage?...

Tahoe Ed

Well i have flown by turning the UAV on first and then the remote, with zero issues... I even have a thread up and how the Naza M V2 refused to recognized my radio unless i turned it on after the Naza M V2 (after doing a firmware update). I was worried about it and i was told it's fine. Turned out to be fine...

So yeah sucks... your insurance is paying for your coworker's car damage?...

It may work for you but it is not what DJI recommends. Tx first then the UAV.

Ronan

It may work for you but it is not what DJI recommends. Tx first then the UAV.

Then DJI should fix their Naza M V2 latest firmware. It only started to happen after the last update (which i have redone 3 times, same effect!).

Before that it was Tx first and then FC.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I saved my nickels and saved my dimes to get a Naza V2 so I can fly my Flame wheel 550 well. Turns out I like how the Quad flies compared to a hex so I got another Quad and did the Naza upgrade for the V2. Took it to work last night and flew it in our very large yard showing the guys I work with and letting them use the Fat Shark goggles. First set of batteries was no problem all went well, but not the case with the second set! Keep in mind I think this is my fault, I plugged the batteries in but forgot to turn on the radio. Once I noticed my mistake I turned on the radio and watched as the flashing green started to flash rapidly so I assumed it was ready to fly and took off. First thing was my control seemed to be sluggish then next thing I knew it slammed into another workers car then went straight up and took off into the darkness. I went looking for it in the daylight but with the amount of long grass in the farm fields and the drainage cannels plus ditches I had no luck finding it, for all I know it could be two miles away. Looks like another lesson learned always turn on the radio first then the batteries next and not the other way around, so all those blaming the Naza upgrade may have just made the same mistake I did.

Did you wait for 2 sets of rapid green lights, or one?

When you said you took off and it was sluggish, were you in manual, att, or gps mode?

I've been flying a Naza V2 for a year, and I always wait for the rapid green lights to flash twice. Sometimes it takes an extra 5 seconds, sometimes 30 or more. If I don't get em, I disconnect battery and try again. Never take off without 2 sets.

bensid54

Good point, I only waited for the one set of flashes where as normally I waited for the second set. I have a Naza Light on it's way I'll add more as I go along but I think I'll stick to a quad or later an eight motor configuration.

Ronan

Were you flying in GPS mode? If yes, did you try to switch to ATTI or even Manual when it wasn't flying right?

bensid54

It was in GPS mode but as soon as it hit the car the goggles stopped working and as soon as it started to head off I dropped the throttle hoping it would come back down. The place I assume but not sure of is it could have come down in is a large drainage ditch about twenty feet wide and six feet deep which is always muddy with zero visibility, not a healthy place to be fishing around in either.