Naza-M V2 will not arm

kjetilpa

I have a brand new Naza-M v2 installed on a brand new hexacopter.
My problem is that it will not arm and start the motors.

This is the case:

When running the Assistant software all setting is ok. All sticks are going the right way. I can test all motors, and they are spinning the correct way while testing. Both basic and advanced calibration is done. No error messages is displayed.

When I power on the copter, and my Futaba radio (with sticks positioned in GPS mode) the Naza will at last blink rapidly green to times (which is ok). When this is done i perform a compass calibration, which can be done with no problems. Then I try to arm the copter (sticks bottom right/left) but nothing is happening.

I also have another hexacopter which is running perfect with another Naza-M v2, with the same settings. This copter is configured with the same computer/assistant software.

Any ideas on whats wrong?

kjetilpa

I managed to start all motors a few days ago, but I cant remember if it was the new Naza or the old one I used. Now I have problems with a brand news Naza.

JimM

Do you have dual rates set up on on your tx?

i.e. have you limited the travel values on your sticks so when fully pushed to the arming position, they don't reach the values required for arming.

I know they work when your FC is connected to the pc, but this may be something worth checking

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

Or your throttle is maybe reversed? Try going round in a square with the sticks and see if they start, ie top left/top left, top left/bottom right etc.
Also try stick calibration like Jim said to make sure you are getting 100%.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Or your throttle is maybe reversed? Try going round in a square with the sticks and see if they start, ie top left/top left, top left/bottom right etc.
Also try stick calibration like Jim said to make sure you are getting 100%.

DO NOT DO THIS WITH PROPS ATTACHED for very obvious reasons

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Just making sure as most newbies I have met only arm the motors when they go to fly for the first time

Hence all the my quad keeps flipping on take off posts due to incorrect motor direction that was never checked previously

And if it does arm when he has the throttle at the high point due to it being reversed and then slams it down it could get messy

Not having a go or anything

JimM

np. Glad to be of help. That was a tip given to me by a real Pro who knew I would fall into that trap ;-)

Jacob Varley

Fixed. The problem was caused by limited travel values on my sticks.

Thanx.
By limited Travel, do you mean EPA (End Point Adjustment)? I'm having an issue and Yes I know this thread is old, but I landed and then it wouldn't arm. I'm blaming my radio at the moment.