NAZA-M LITE Assistant Software/Firmware Confusion

HexaTiger

I am endlessly confused by the DJI instructions regarding which assistant firmware to use. I first set up my F550 using the assistant v1.00 which looks like this:

index.php

But every tutorial video I watched was using a newer version? Yet when I go to DJI's page for the NAZA-M LITE: http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-lite/download
It only lists the one I'm currently using as available for download, but even the manual there features pictures from the newer version of the assistant. I know with DJI a lot of interpretation and double-checking is required to use their products, but this has confounded me to no end. Any assistance would be awesome.

As for the actual firmware for the LITE I'm at a complete and utter loss. I could use a serious knowledge dump from anyone who knows. (or a link, I LOVE links).

As always, you guys are awesome, thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

HexaTiger... or more apt today would be Lost&GroundedTiger

Tahoe Ed

The Lite has its own Assistant. You must use it or you may brick your controller. Do not use the Naza V2 Assistant.

Can anyone help me? Im looking for a really good FPV system for a DJI f450 with a Naza m V2 controller.Can anyone help? I was looking at 1.2 Ghz, but i would like some feed back from the community. Thanks

HexaTiger

I understand that. Hence why I am using the one listed on the DJI site as FOR the LITE. What I don't understand is why in DJI's own manual for the LITE they use screenshots of a different assistant?

I do apologize man, i am having some difficulty navigating the sight. I have posted on a few threads but i have yet to get a single reply. Hex, you have been the first to reply. Can you or know anyway i can find a FPV thread?

Hex i really appreciate, was getting pretty close to giving up on the forum thing. Im in Florida so i hear ya on being late. You to boss thanks again!

FlyGirl

Bump. I could really use some help on this front.

Hi ya... :) I have a few Lites and there are no firmware updates on the Lite. What it comes with is what you get, forever.... The reason from what I understand is the Lite is actually an older fully developed product that gained a very stable firmware platform so instead of just dumping or orphaning the product when the NAZA M V2 came out, DJI decided to rebrand the system and to offer the controller as an entry level flight controller which makes a lot of sense.

As for the newer assistant software, as I recall the last time I logged in to DJI with a new Lite system I had bought, I was offered the new assistant software. Honestly, I'm not sure if it makes any difference. It was all pretty much the same bells and whistles. I wouldn't sweat it Hexa... :)

Tahoe Ed

You are right on FlyGirl. The Lite is what it is, an entry level controller. It works very well. Noticed you are in Glen Burnie. I used to live in Linthicum. The East Coast is just not for me. Glad to be back in the West.

FlyGirl

You are right on FlyGirl. The Lite is what it is, an entry level controller. It works very well. Noticed you are in Glen Burnie. I used to live in Linthicum. The East Coast is just not for me. Glad to be back in the West.

Hi Ed! Yep good ol' Glen Burnie right next door to your old stomping grounds! Did you fly up at Southwest Park? It's probably a good thing you moved... One, the Tahoe area is incredibly beautiful and Two, Linthicum Ed doesn't sound as cool as Tahoe Ed... ;)

Nice to meet you!

RSMAN29

Thank you for this question Ed, and the Information FlyGirl. I have spent hours and hours trying to figure this out. Now i can delete all my attempts to update my v1 to v2 on my computer. :eek: