Naza and FPV - Your thoughts

Jessestr

Hello

I'd like to know your thoughts about using a Naza as FC for FPV usage. I've seen many setup from professionals who use the Naza /w GPS or without GPS for their FPV flying.
But I keep reading on other forums that the Naza isn't good for FPV flying neither for flying. They keep on claiming it's only good for some hovering.

I think it's ridiculous what they are saying because I've seen really good flying FPV setups with the Naza.. What are your thoughts?
I ordered my Naza yesterday and I want to be sure :)!

Thank you very much !

Jesse

kloner

Aerial DP
these are all naza via fpv

After playing with it for a while i'm finding alot of peoples problems are high gains making a lock over type thing happen in flight. once i got my gains down out of 140-150 on top and 100 on the bottom down towards 125 up top, 85-90 on bottom it totaly stopped doing it. The main thing you'll read especially at fpvlab is how it acts weird when ya start aerobatic fpv like juz style. supposedly it's too easy to shut off the motors in manual and alot of people can't figure out to restart em when it's falling since it happens in seconds. overall i am extremely happy with naza. makes flying so easy, it reignited my love for the rc cause till this thing i was burnin out bad. rc helis,,,,,,,,

Making clean electricity is huge too. they kinda come out of the box ready to make dirty interference. you gotta take care to resize wires, locate everything just right and as far apart as possible. gps hates video transmitters

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessestr

Those video's confirm that it is possible to do fast forward flights with a Naza.. People were also claiming that it wasn't possible with that controller!

- What do you mean with the "lock over type"?
- My switch to the Naza is caused by a MultiWii bug that hit me hard - literally. ER visit. Arm & hands were all cut open by my carbon reinforced props. Should have taken off props yes. But points is that MultiWii failed in the ESC calibration. Motors turned on at max power. Big bug, big consequences. I'm not flying such a controller for expensive FPV gear..

these are all naza via fpv

After playing with it for a while i'm finding alot of peoples problems are high gains making a lock over type thing happen in flight. once i got my gains down out of 140-150 on top and 100 on the bottom down towards 125 up top, 85-90 on bottom it totaly stopped doing it. The main thing you'll read especially at fpvlab is how it acts weird when ya start aerobatic fpv like juz style. supposedly it's too easy to shut off the motors in manual and alot of people can't figure out to restart em when it's falling since it happens in seconds. overall i am extremely happy with naza. makes flying so easy, it reignited my love for the rc cause till this thing i was burnin out bad. rc helis,,,,,,,,

Making clean electricity is huge too. they kinda come out of the box ready to make dirty interference. you gotta take care to resize wires, locate everything just right and as far apart as possible. gps hates video transmitters

kloner

Aerial DP
this was my first go at fpv. you'll notice right off the bat the nervousness it has with a fast oscilation

at 2:27 it started locking over. in rc helis, i remember seeing the same thing from the align 3g's, they do somehting similar spooling up. judging by the video, i
m guessing vibes also had something to do with it. I crashed twice right off the bat from LVC from packs gone bad. both crashes in that vid were from that

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessestr

Nice video.
It's just tweaking the gains until it's good enough to fly aggressive & stable..? :)

I always flew Gyro only (manual) so I have no clue how it will be with those sensors :)

My setup:
DJI Naza
TBS Discovery
Suppo 2212/13 1000kV
25A Simonk Firmware ESC
3S 2200 mAh
FS Dominators 5.8Ghz
immersionRc 5.8GHz 600mW

Hope it will be my proud.. :)!

kloner

Aerial DP
in Belgium Europe, when you take off, is it 10,000 feet in the alps or is it sitting on the beach sea level?