XAircraft My Xaircraft SuperX Experience and Observations

rwilabee

I pulled the sticks down and out to arm the quad and the props started spinning, a lot faster than I thought they would. Not sure if I like having the props spinning as an indicator of armed but I guess I'll get used to it.

I don't know what you did but the props don't start turning as soon as you arm.

Rich

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I pulled the sticks down and out to arm the quad and the props started spinning, a lot faster than I thought they would. Not sure if I like having the props spinning as an indicator of armed but I guess I'll get used to it.

I don't know what you did but the props don't start turning as soon as you arm.

Rich

Oh yes they do!

David

rwilabee

Then something is wrong on your end. I've been flying the XAircraft system since they came out, in fact I have 3 of them. 2 Quads and a Octo and non of them start the props spinning as soon as you arm them. The props don't spin until you advance the throttle. Anyone else having that happen?

Oh yes they do!

David

Aerovideo

Then something is wrong on your end. I've been flying the XAircraft system since they came out, in fact I have 3 of them. 2 Quads and a Octo and non of them start the props spinning as soon as you arm them. The props don't spin until you advance the throttle. Anyone else having that happen?

Hmmm... might be something wrong on your end?

From the SuperX Manual:

Flight Control
Motor Start/ Stop
Follow diagram as below: Push sticks both down-inside or down-outside to start motors, then motors are running slowly. If the motors do not start after the operation, please check wiring of receiver and reverse setting of radio.

Motor will stop under conditions below:
1) After motors started, if there is no pushing throttle in 3 seconds, another down-inside/down-outside operation can stop the motors immediately.
2) When copter already landedand throttledown to lowest,motors stop immediately.
3) When copter still in the air and throttle down to lowest, motors will stopin 3 seconds.

Notice:After motors stopped in the air, you can push throttle to restart the motors in 3 seconds.

The conditions motor cannotbe started:

1) LED shows red or flashesred.
2) LED shows yellow with the weak interference of magnet in GPS Mode.
3) Not connect with receiver in a right way or not calibrate RC reverse correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zirt57

I have three SuperX's also. I'm also a test pilot for XAircraft. I can tell you that something is wrong on YOUR end. The props DO spin when I arm all three of my units.

Jeff

Stacky

Jeff is there any option to have it set so the props dont spin on arming. I have had that on other FC's and I absolutely hate it.

Zirt57

Jeff is there any option to have it set so the props dont spin on arming. I have had that on other FC's and I absolutely hate it.

Not to my knowledge. But I have to admit, I haven't tested the released version of 1.0.8 (I beta tested it but there were changes to the final version). Thus, maybe they changed the arming in 1.0.8. Too much freezing rain here right now to do any flying. I could bench test it though. Might try later if I get any time. XMas eve thou so.....

Jeff

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Props spin on 1.08 at start up. i don;t mind it as that’s when I intend to fly, so what’s the problem?

Aerovideo

For me it's just different than what I'm used too. Also they seem to spin a little fast, but I guess that means don't get near it... hehe. I know I've done some stupid things with my HF when it's armed. Can't do that with the superX and props spinning. Probably saving me from myself :)

rwilabee

Sorry I thought you met that it was trying to take off when you did that without advancing the throttle.

Hmmm... might be something wrong on your end?

From the SuperX Manual:

Flight Control
Motor Start/ Stop
Follow diagram as below: Push sticks both down-inside or down-outside to start motors, then motors are running slowly. If the motors do not start after the operation, please check wiring of receiver and reverse setting of radio.

Motor will stop under conditions below:
1) After motors started, if there is no pushing throttle in 3 seconds, another down-inside/down-outside operation can stop the motors immediately.
2) When copter already landedand throttledown to lowest,motors stop immediately.
3) When copter still in the air and throttle down to lowest, motors will stopin 3 seconds.

Notice:After motors stopped in the air, you can push throttle to restart the motors in 3 seconds.

The conditions motor cannotbe started:

1) LED shows red or flashesred.
2) LED shows yellow with the weak interference of magnet in GPS Mode.
3) Not connect with receiver in a right way or not calibrate RC reverse correctly.

jfro

Aerial Fun
My motors start and I'm happy they do. I either shut em down or throttle up and fly. Pretty simple choice that I'm happy with. .

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

No! as you now know you have the problem with all 3 of your XAircraft, arming is a process to flying why wouldn't they spin, mine do and aggressively, but that's okay, normally I move the thrust stick to 50% for auto take off.

David

With my Hoverfly pro I hand launch and land all the time it places it would be impossible to find a surface to take off from. If I had a choice I would be able to arm without the props spinning and then spin when I give throttle. Examples are launching on a river with no flat area, launching on the side of a mountain or even just tall grass. Safe? Maybe not, but necessary to get a shot? yes.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
With my Hoverfly pro I hand launch and land all the time it places it would be impossible to find a surface to take off from. If I had a choice I would be able to arm without the props spinning and then spin when I give throttle. Examples are launching on a river with no flat area, launching on the side of a mountain or even just tall grass. Safe? Maybe not, but necessary to get a shot? yes.

Well according to the manual if you are very quick like within 3 seconds you can arm have the props stop and re-start all within that little window! practical? I think not :nevreness: Merry Christmas

David

Aerovideo

Paul, any flight videos to go along with your first impressions? Have you had the chance to fly much?

Yep, nothing terribly exciting as it's my usual test field, it was a beautiful day today and I had the day off so I flew. I did fly it around pretty fast and low to the ground so I gave it a good workout. I have to say that the SuperX flew every bit as smooth as my Hoverfly Pro in manual mode. I did all my FPV flying in manual. I did turn on the gps hold to do a panorama and that worked great. I am SUPER HAPPY with the SUPERX!

I also had enough room to try a return to home and I was stunned at how well it worked. Literally landed about 18 inches from where it took off from. I could see the landing gear imprints in the snow. For the fun of it I also flew it around LOS in GPS mode and that was really cool. It held it's altitude great while I flew big figure 8's.

One thing I did notice flying LOS is that it holds it position fantastic in GPS hold mode until you do a yaw, say for a panorama. While I didn't notice with the FPV goggles on I could see in LOS that it moved around about 2 to 3 feet as I completed the yaw panorama. Still not bad at all.

I'm editing up a video of that ugly *** field now and will post it soon.

Yeah, hand launching with the props spinning would be a bit difficult and scary. Definitely a drawback to the prop spinning when armed functionality.

Well according to the manual if you are very quick like within 3 seconds you can arm have the props stop and re-start all within that little window! practical? I think not :nevreness: Merry Christmas

David

Um yeah... hehe I don't think I can think that fast ;)

Merry Christmas!!!

Av8Chuck

One thing I did notice flying LOS is that it holds it position fantastic in GPS hold mode until you do a yaw, say for a panorama. While I didn't notice with the FPV goggles on I could see in LOS that it moved around about 2 to 3 feet as I completed the yaw panorama. Still not bad at all.

I'm editing up a video of that ugly *** field now and will post it soon.

Yeah, hand launching with the props spinning would be a bit difficult and scary. Definitely a drawback to the prop spinning when armed functionality.

Um yeah... hehe I don't think I can think that fast ;)

Merry Christmas!!!

If your 50 or so feet up, shooing a still panorama then a variation of two or three feet shouldn't be a problem, if your shooting video that much variation in altitude will probably go unnoticed if its a fairly smooth transition up or down.

As far as that ugly field, some of us remember when that 20ft eucalyptus tree was only a sapling... I'd love having that field next door, that's a great place to practice and test.

Look forward to the video. Have a Merry Christmas.

Aerovideo

If your 50 or so feet up, shooing a still panorama then a variation of two or three feet shouldn't be a problem, if your shooting video that much variation in altitude will probably go unnoticed if its a fairly smooth transition up or down.

As far as that ugly field, some of us remember when that 20ft eucalyptus tree was only a sapling... I'd love having that field next door, that's a great place to practice and test.

Look forward to the video. Have a Merry Christmas.

Actually the altitude held really well throughout my GPS tests. The problem with the GPS+Yaw was that it moved around in about a 3 foot circle while doing the yaw. But I agree, a few feet of variance at higher altitudes isn't even noticeable.

Be prepared for a heavy dose of that field and my ugly mug! ;)

Video is still uploading but it should pop up here when it's done:

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

You know considering that I'm waiting for you to do the testing I can't begin tell you how sweet that field looks, especially sitting in my 80 degree office! Its also funny how amazing this footage is compared to the first Gu344 and hoping you were going to clear the fence... Would you fly that fast and low LOS? That's really quite impressive.

It would be nice to know what caused the burble when you switched to GPS.

Your a MR test pilot pioneer, one day they will place a plaque on that field and people will remember it just like Kitty Hawk, the place it all started. [that is if the FAA doesn't find you first...] JK..

Anyway, its been a long time since I've been this excited about a FC. This is cool.

Thanks for the video.