XAircraft My Hexa/WKM/FPV build

Tomstoy2

I applied a piece of double stick rubber tape and stuck them down, then wire tied them for security.

The double stick rubber tape not only holds them but prevents vibrations from them in flight. The wire tie is just for my piece of mind, which to me is everything.

Double stick foam would be fine, also, but foam ages.

Tomstoy2

I don't own a scale, so I have no idea. However, I'm positive it's still well below it's capacity. With 9" props it feels weightless in flight, no struggling at all.

Haven't been able to fly it at all since my last vid posting as it's been colder than my ex-wifes heart. Now the cold spell has broken but the wind is blowing at 68mph constant with gusts to 90mph!
Of course tomorrow they say snow again, too.

Think I'll take up quilting or something.

rwilabee

I weighed mine and so far it is at 6.2 lbs total flight weight with FPV equip. Maybe a test flight this weekend.

Rich

Tomstoy2

Good luck, buddy. Hey, get ahold of IrisAerial and meet him somewhere. Poor guy needs to get out of Irvine and do some good flying for a change!

Tomstoy2

No, Rich, I haven't. The thing flys so nice with the 9" APC's. 10" would over prop it, I'm sure. Right now, with all up weight it hovers at exactly mid-stick. Even in manual mode I have not had to play with the throttle to keep her steady in altitude.
Just need some good weather now. Maybe this weekend. It's supposed to be warmer, but that usually means wind. We got hit by 68mph winds 2 days ago.

Dewster

I love the Xaircraft hexa frame. I had to enlarge the motor mounts for Avroto 2814/11s that I purchased. Dremel works wonders. :)

Xaircraft DIY carbon fiber hexa frame
DJI WKM
DJI 30a esc
Photoshipone "esc power distribution" kit (really nice)
Avroto 2814/11s motors
6000 mah Genesis power lipos
MC6500PRO-V2 camera mount (cnchelicopter)

I want to buy a Sony Nex-5 with GENTLED to activate camera. No first person view yet.

rwilabee

If you mount the Sony Nex-5 to the MC6500Pro camera mount it might make the heli to nose heavy. I'm running the same frame, WKM, using FunFly 30 amp esc, same motors, but I'm using the Xaircraft gimble similar to the MC6500Pro with the GoPro Camera. I used the Xaircraft gimble so I could mount my FPV camera to the front posts. With my Thunder Power 4S 6600 Lipo or my Thunder Power 4S 5000 Lipo I am perfectly balanced.

Rich

View attachment 3128

I love the Xaircraft hexa frame. I had to enlarge the motor mounts for Avroto 2814/11s that I purchased. Dremel works wonders. :)

Xaircraft DIY carbon fiber hexa frame
DJI WKM
DJI 30a esc
Photoshipone "esc power distribution" kit (really nice)
Avroto 2814/11s motors
6000 mah Genesis power lipos
MC6500PRO-V2 camera mount (cnchelicopter)

I want to buy a Sony Nex-5 with GENTLED to activate camera. No first person view yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 383

Tomstoy2

Looked very good! Nice to see X/A is finally getting their act together with the fc/nav system. Should hold a lot tighter when you get her dialed in.

rwilabee

My Hex flies rock solid with my Avroto Motors, and 10 x 5 Graupner Props. I'm running Thunderpower 6600 mah 45 C Batteries and getting a solid 10 minutes. I'm running the battery down to 80% with the 10 minutes.
I'm using the XAircraft Gimble and a Gopro. I also have an FPV camera and transmitter added. If you want to check it out go to http://www.youtube/user/rwilabee. Check out the Tennis Garden vids which are the latest. Just raw video I uploaded to you tube.

Rich

Test 7 with 8 inch props this time. Much, much better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-A63Htzb8QM

Tomstoy2

That looked really good, my friend. Rock solid, I must say!

What gains are you running, especially on the gimbal?