Motor Upgrade for F450

azure

somethings not right sounding. make sure no heat in motors when you land. if there is, check balance. the only other thing i can think of if that doesn't make it feel right for ya is to try making a throttle curve with a flatter spot in the center, like expo if you will. On mine i made throttle hold 50% to deal with keeping a level flight when i want it

I went to 120 vertical gain as you suggested and it does help smooth out the jumpiness in ATT mode. In MAN it's not overly sensitive. I stand corrected. I left the ATT gains at 100 since I only take-off and land in ATT and the added stability seems to help me get on and off the ground FPV with less mishaps (so far). Thx for the help, Kloner.

One thing I've noticed is that while everyone talks about gain settings, no one addresses Rates or Expo on the transmitter. With my gains at 140 140 155 120, I'm finding that I'm flying smoothest roughly around 50% on the pitch and roll rates, 90% on yaw, with the DX6i. I don't use expo; I like the linear feel. In order to get the CSC to activate, I start the motors with a 100% rate, then switch over the dual rate to the less sensitive settings for flying.

Chalagi

I run the AMP 2814 motors on the hexa with the arm extensions and 30Amp esc's. I also use the gains settings that Patrick suggested for the motors which are 120-120-140-140-120-120 and they sound like they are surging to me. Does upping and lowering the gains help this matter? I was thinking that it might be my esc's.

kloner

Aerial DP
surging has alot of meanings. too high of gains generaly looks like a vibration and it goes away when you lower the gain. if it's loose like comes down and has one angle, flops to another angle, it's too low.

i never liked my atti gains much higher than 100, usually settle in around 80 ish

Chalagi

Well I was told today that it was because I was running my hexa with esc's that had a bec. And that the clanging noise was coming from the esc's