motor options for the F450

Codfish124

Hi there im looking for motor options for the F450 and maybe the F550 to increase the payload with out motor extension plates is there some motors out there that do that? i am also running 4s so i would need props that match maybe the graupner 10x5s?

kloner

Aerial DP
man, wouldn't we all. good question, that's alot of weight on a 450. not alot of room for big enough props

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm not real sure. I tried this one a big bore Team Blacksheep discovery. it was sketchy. 8" props, 4s on 1000kv 2814 motors. just not sure how long they'd last doing it

is there a 2814 motor that's 850ish KV?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm not sure how long it'd have gone, not alot,,, was hovering like 35 amps on 4s....... 8" prop, 4s..... it was nose heavy so it wanted to drift alot....... got anotehr friend with a cx700 and his is flying it around, but man, scarry looking. little tiny quad with a big ol camera on it. 6 motors starts looking good

v84x4

Total Noob
Wow kloner...........:upset:

After watching your vid's
I now feel the same way

Maybe I shouldn't have ordered that TBS Discovery

Your Vid have me now looking at a 6 motor for my FPV

Thanks for all your insite

BTW, Nice area to fly
Looks warm (Unlike Michigan)

Regards Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
4 of them axi's will carry alot of weight. you seen meme's videos yet? that's a cx 700, 3 oz heavier with tiger 2216 forget what kv, think 900

his vids are all through my discovery build thread in the dji forum

It's all about cg, and a cam like that likes down below or up above over out front and rear without longer arms