Monitor the Go Pro baterry voltage?

jackmulti

Hi guys,

is it possible to measure the Go Pro's internal battery voltage and put it through the OSD? maybe through the USB charging port?

All ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

Kilby

If you have an open RC channel, you can get a small video switch and then toggle back and forth between the FPV cam and the GoPro. The GoPro can be set up to have a heads up display that displays battery level. This is how I do it.

If you are just using the GoPro, just turn on the display.

-Terry

jackmulti

great find. thanks! I'm contemplating in using only the Go Pro, that's why I want to monitor voltage.

But your gadget could come in handy someday. Thanks for sharing.

kloner

Aerial DP
i've got the 4 channel version of that switch, nice unit, works killer, but is 5v or 12v. wish it fed both at the same time

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, whatever you put in comes out the 4 ports, makes adding changing cameras a piece of cake, like plugging in a servo. i had to send a seperate 5v off the rc bec to one cam, the gopros powered by itself and the other 2 cams are 12v. just woulda been cleaner, like tbs core

jackmulti

yea, whatever you put in comes out the 4 ports, makes adding changing cameras a piece of cake, like plugging in a servo. i had to send a seperate 5v off the rc bec to one cam, the gopros powered by itself and the other 2 cams are 12v. just woulda been cleaner, like tbs core

yep! good show!