Make channel 5 mode switch sbus taranis naza V2

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
There is no way to mark a thread solved. But people might find some help if they stumble on your questions.

Did you do the Naza dance before flying? Also, you need to wait for a full series of LED lights to flash to make sure you have full GPS lock. There is a list of what they all mean in the manual.

If it rolls in ATTI or manual - then you have an issue. I would leave the gains until you determine if ATTI/manual works normal.

Greg

It rolls slightly right in manual/all modes.All esc's are calibtated,motors balanced,and motors cog evenly when spun by hand.Motors start and stop at the same time.It must be a taranis issue.You will have a hard time getting a quad more evenly balanced then mine.FC is also directly in the middle of frame.I'll get it sorted.I do have a flysky fS-T6 that I will try with.If it flys fine with that then the problem and answear lies within the taranis.These are all new parts.not that new means no defects.I repair computers for a living and have seen many defective out of the box components.

simon k 30 multirotor superstore
sunnysky 580 kv multirotor superstore
Tiger 13x4.4 Carbon Fiber Props (T-Motor)
4S 5000 40C

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The only thing I can think of is the stick trims. Make sure they're zero'd. Maybe do a full calibration of the sticks in Taranis just to be safe.

Greg

In channel monitor all are zeroed,accept throttle -3.Throttle wont make pull to rightThe other 3 sticks fluctuate .3/.5./.2 in milliseconds,best way to describe.Full calibrate.I will check how to perform.

Greg

Cant seem to find how to stick cal.I reset trims.all 4 channels AETR fluctuate .01 to .05 very rapidly/blinking in channel monitor.From what I have read this is normal,or maybe not?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That may be normal. Not sure. Stick cal last window of the main radio functions (not model function windows). Long press of menu button (upper left). Scroll through pages. It prompts you through stick cal.

Greg

I did stick cal.Now my throttle when centered is -17.I am tempted to try my flysky but the only failsafe it has is cut motors.I can get a spectrum DX8 for real cheap.are you familiar with these?.I will recalibrate esc's using the esc directly to receiver technique again.I will also unplug the gps device to make sure Iam not in gps mode.I have read that the led color codes can be innacurate as to what mode you may be in.I will also take off from completly flat level surface.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If your throttle is showing -17, where are you seeing that? You may need to go into the mixer window and make sure you do t have any offsets (moves center) or end points moved. In wondering if more got damaged than just the USB port???

I've never had the LEDs misread what mode they were in. I always check when on ground before the props are spinny to make sure they're correct. I know many people don't wait the whole sequence before lifting off. That could automatically pop you into ATTI mode of in GPS, if insufficient lock.

I'm know of the DX8, but have never used spectrum.

Greg

I waited 30/40 secs to have full green flashing sequence.While in the air I switched to manual but couldint really correct drift.Why did the quad fly fine with the ET Vector last week in manual mode.I dislodged the usb the day after I got it.I opened the the taranis to inspect and know that only the transparent usb ribbon is broken from the board.The taranis wasnt dropped,the cord was pulled out on a angle when getting up and the cord catching my knee.The usb is a seperate little board connected to the main backboard,Its actually pretty fragily connected to begin with.I think the taranis is fine but is just hard to set up properly.I have read a few threads of people saying something about temps affecting the led's and the functionality of the flight controller itself.-17 is in the channel monitor (3 clicks page after turning on taranis)I will check mixer and check endpoints.I dont see how the throttle being + or - would effect latteral motion.If the aileron was off then I would see that being a issue to my problem.Many also say it is the gains in the naza software.I will adjust those pitch and roll.Those 2 are default 125%.I will adjust roll and yaw only.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
To wait for full sats - it typically takes a minute or three. There is a series of red lights (when in GPS mode on the ground) that will show you how many sats you have. It's explained on page 13 in the manual.

If the quad flew fine with Vector - it must be the Naza. If you're sure everything is centered and pointing straight - give the gains a shot and let us know how it goes.

Greg

Just got back in.Before calibrating, the throttle was silky smooth,responsive.Perfect.After calibration the throttle doesnt respont untill pushed nearly all the way up.Should of left it alone.Not really worth spending more time with this thing.Gotta be more productive ways of spending my time.Thanks for the help though.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sounds like there's something serious going on. Best to move on to something you can have confidence in.

With the throttle at -17, you wouldn't want to fly it that way either.

Greg

I,ll be back.I know it you know it.Just pissed and frusturated.We have all been there.If I set the throttle back to zero using the black switchy thing beside the throttle stick then it is silky smooth again.I will leave it like this because it works fine like this.I dont think any thing is broke beside my nerves.Just gotta move forward and fix the problem and learn along the way.Thanks again for all the help and gonna give it a rest for the day.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
My pleasure.

Gotta know when to step back. I'm right there with you dealing with the gimbals right now. Sometimes it just takes a DEEP breath :)

Greg

I love this multirotor thing.I have spent the last 3 months of all my spare time researching,building and fiddling.Its like the love hate I have with computers.Finding the issue/problem to a computer problem can be nerve racking but the is rewarding when its solved.I thought my computer experience would help with the rc world but it is a whole new frontier to me.I love it.This is hour 20 today non stop with the naza that I received yesterday.I think the throttle is fine.I recalibrated through the software using a level ontop of the fc.The first time I ran the calibration I didnt use a level.It was tilted to the right.I propped up and leveled it for and side then ran cal/advanced cal.Will do the physical cal outside tomorrow away from electronics.I wasnt aware that the throttle doesnt advance untill over 50% in atti and gps.When in manual I have full throttle control from the get go.That recalibration of the throttle that you mentioned fixed the issue I think.Remember when I said after running the calibration the throttle wasnt working silky smooth like it did before.Know I know this is supposed to act.Thanks to your suggestion the throttle acts like it should.50% and above in gps and atti,and below 50% and above in manual.Gotta get some rest then test fly in morning.:confused:

Greg

Will do.Do you customize/restore bikes?I just checked motopreserve.Cool stuff.I used to have a 68 BSA lightning,plus a few dirt bikes.Anyway talk later.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Yep. Restore/customize and make custom parts - tail lights mostly.

That '68 BSA would buy you a bunch of MultiRotors if you had it now :)