Make channel 5 mode switch sbus taranis naza V2

Greg

Good evening everyone.I have a question regarding channel 5 using taranis with X8R and sbus.I want to have (U) flight modes (control mode switch) on channel 5.From what I have read this is not possible.This is default channel 7.But in this video channel 5 is used for setting 3 flight modes on switch SE.I would like to know what mode I need to bind in.This probaly makes no sense but figured its worth a shot.Thanks for any help.If this is not possible I will have to ditch SBUS and go to conventional servo wires.I WANT CHANNEL 5 AS MODE SWITCH.There has to be a way.I have everything hooked up correctly and sticks are noticed and calibrated in assistant.MY eagletree vector is easier to setup then the naza.Thats the reason I ditched my vector and bought the new naza.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
you want to bind in mode 5. It's the one listed in the x8r manual with 2 jumpers on Channels 1-2 and 3-4. Then you need to make the CH selection in the Taranis 1-16. That option is on the first screen in the older companion 9X or right above the BIND function in the Taranis screen.

If you have the sticks working correctly in the Naza assistant - you really won't need to rebind unless you need the other 8 analog channel out puts.

Greg

you want to bind in mode 5. It's the one listed in the x8r manual with 2 jumpers on Channels 1-2 and 3-4. Then you need to make the CH selection in the Taranis 1-16. That option is on the first screen in the older companion 9X or right above the BIND function in the Taranis screen.

If you have the sticks working correctly in the Naza assistant - you really won't need to rebind unless you need the other 8 analog channel out puts.
Nope,dont need more channels.7 Are fine.(you really won't need to rebind unless you need the other 8 analog channel out puts)I am still unclear.Why doesnt he mention anything about binding?.I dont think I asked the question properly.Will binding like you said make ch 5 mode?,my sticks work fine.
I basically want CH 5 to U.Pic related.http://imgur.com/cG9fMr1

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

No it won't.

Please explain why you want channel 5 to be the flignt mode switch.
It just makes sense to me.Why skip over 2 unused channels.I only need 5 channels.I got it sorted by using conventional wiring.I had sbus problems with my ET vector aswell and switched to pwm.I will get a spectrum receiver when I figure out which one to get as they dont have problems with sbus like the taranis does.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The Taranis I have is hooked up exactly as you are describing. Except that I didn't mind "skipping" the 2 channels, because I use them. They are used for gimbal control, or if you don't have a gimbal, for tuning at the field. Both of these are key options, so I think of them as necessary features.

If you're having issues with sbus, have you switched the Naza to accept "DBus?" That's what they call it in the settings inside assistant. You should also bind the x8r in mode 5. That way it gives you more channels that you'll need - but will still be appropriate for the ones you're using.

There is a great write up here:

http://multirotorforums.com/threads...ns-for-frsky-taranis-x8r-and-naza-m-v2.15482/

Greg

I do want to use gimble later,Dbus is selected.I will give sbus more research and time once I fly with the naza first.I have flown manual with the vector with this quad so the naza shouldint be a problem.So bind in mode 5 will give me channel 5 as U(mode switch).I shall look into it further.Thanks for the help.Gotta shorten those power cables.:)
http://imgur.com/2ctRVIN

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No. It will not change the channel out out. That is dictated by the Baza (which channel it wants to see if using sbus).

I made a mistake. If you want full 16 channels - it's MODE 4. That's what I use. With your description, MODE 4 would be fine (no jumper).

Binding in different MODES only selects from the various options that the receiver is capable of.

Here is the receiver manual:

http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/down.php?id=102

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
No sweat. I think if you take the time to get comfortable with the Taranis - you'll find that it is a very powerful option. And the cost makes it incredible.

But there is a learning curve. The computer editing helps make that less an issue for me.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The MODES I'm referring to have nothing to do with the stick configuration (mode 1 or 2). Just the capabilities it assigns the x8r. If you click the link I provided above for the x8r manual - you will see it all explained in the box on page 2.

Greg

I realize that mode 1/2 has nothing to do with the other mode thing.Could I just swap the ch 5 config that I made(video 3 pos flight modes) to channel 7.For some reason channel 7 with sbus wasnt recognized or could be made a flight mode switch.I have setup a flight controller before.My eagletree vector had problems eith sbus aswell.Plenty of write ups relating to sbus problems/issues with taranis.Spectrum doesnt seem to have issues with sbus.I will do some more reading.My naza is fully setup.I still dont really trust any flight controller tbh.Also companion is out of the question.Need new backboard.I broke usb port internally torn off board.This is a new taranis plus aswell.I dont really need companion as everything can be set manually without computer.I also dont care for any custom sounds,or bling.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
In the Taranis computer program you can just drag your flight mode setup to the proper output channel. Make sure to delete where it originally existed or you'll have doubles.

I didn't think spectrum has sbus since it's a protocol that belongs to heir competitor.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I did. I believe if you go to the mixer window in Taranis - you can scroll to the channel that currently has your flight modes and long press the enter button. That should pull up a window that allows you to copy it. Then you can scroll to channel 7 - same thing, and choose paste? I'm not on the radio currently, so I'm going from memory.

Again, make sure you go back and delete the original functions from the original channel so you don't have doubles.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Good luck! I think you may also be able to copy the whole model and mess with it from there - just in case trial and error doesn't go your way :)

Greg

Got it buddy.I just chose move,then moved one at a time from channel five to channel 7.All is good.I have another question as how to mark a post/thread as solved.I dont want to litter the forum with a bunch of threads.I did do a test flight with gps mode and had roll to the right.I let led turn to green for about 30 secs.My quad is balanced perfect and motors and esc's are tip top.My et vector would take off straight in manual flight.I notice in gains pitch/roll are default 125%.Would I be correct in backing off the number percent would make it roll left more?.Thanks again and will try manual mode first before messing with gains.