It just bit me :) Learned again to take the props off !

DennyR

I think you should check your cable and socket in the first instance. It is very easy to damage that part if you abuse it. Get a longer cable.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
A few safety ideas came from this.

1) use a battery that is just enough to power the FC but not enough to put any oomph to the props.

2) make something that bolts the landing gear to the table so it can't take off.

3) lightly plug the battery in so any quick yank will disconnect them.

Taking props off sounds good but we all know that is not likely especially with an octo. I wear gloves when I work on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a special support where i strap the "ninja" on the table. Never trust a multirotor with props on, especially DJI !!! It may flew off the table any time, without reason. Happened to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
I don't believe it!
Had a sticky motor on my Spider quad, had the props of while I really soldered a bad bullet connection. Took it onto the backfield to test fly, had it connected via Bluetooth to multi Wii configurator to reflash my settings. As out on the ground it suddenly over and ended up face down in the grass. As I bent down to flip it over it jumped up and bit me on the hand.
I had not disconnected my Bluetooth connection to my phone it was in my back pocket as I bent down so that might have been the problem.
Anyway this was the result.
Got a matching pair now:thumbdown::(

Sent from my HTC HD2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340277113376.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340277113376.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 205
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340277143899.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340277143899.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 230
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340277170630.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340277170630.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 241
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340277183936.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340277183936.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 126

Dewster

A few safety ideas came from this.

1) use a battery that is just enough to power the FC but not enough to put any oomph to the props.

2) make something that bolts the landing gear to the table so it can't take off.

3) lightly plug the battery in so any quick yank will disconnect them.

Taking props off sounds good but we all know that is not likely especially with an octo. I wear gloves when I work on mine.

Good advice! This is pretty wild to hear with all of the built in safety features of DJI and some of the other brands. I use a test battery when I change settings etc. I'll have to tie my craft down from now on. Sheesh!

kloner

Aerial DP
in planes and helis, you always disconnect 2 motor wires. think a mr firing up is a *****, give a 10hp 700 size a hot start and you'll never feel safe again till all the safety crap is done

reddinos

here a trick i've been using for years and seems to work just fine! before doing any bench work on the kopter, put a big heavy towel on top of the props, so when they spin(if it happens) they stop automatically! (due to the heavy cloth). i had a kopter start up while i was setting up the camera mount and i was literally saved by the towel :)

specially on the field, if you decide to make changes or upgrades... just remember reddinos towel trick and you'll be safe. :)