How to use FatShark completely wireless?

dma251

I am about to purchase an FPV setup. I have a Flamewheel with Naza GPS. My plan is to use my Gopro with a 5.8 Immersion 600mw tx, and a Duo5800V2 Rx. I wouldn't use the built in 5.8 receiver in the headset, but how could I use it without cables hanging down?

Also, what is the battery arrangement on the Aviator Edition Fat Sharks? I think that might be the one for me. Is it on the headband, or in the glasses?

kloner

Aerial DP
to get the glasses to take it wirelessly you'd use the rx in the goggles straight out to the craft,,, those crosshair are really nice for that or use another frequency on the vtx and duo product you opted for. alot of 2.4 rc control guys like 1.2 or 1.3g for the vtx to diversity or tracker, then a low power 5.8 vtx out of that to the goggles....... i do 433 on my rc, 2.4 on my video from craft to ground and 5.8 from ground station to everything from monitors to goggles. ones using a tracker, other setup uses diversity receiver and 2 helicals,,,,,

you can't run the same frequency like 5.8 and use 2 different channels hear each other so just a bunch of 5,8 gear turns on, but at 20 feet just goes away,,,, i tried

don't know about the goggles, there not even for sale yet.... usually the hobbyking site has the best pictures of stuff like this

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm a dork and make all my own stuff, but you can buy them. on a quad you want circular polarized antennas like you probably see on all of them. it's cause the way they tilt makes it hard to match the antenna to be pointed any particular direction, and thats what them rubber antennas do.

016%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

the black one is 1.3g and the white one is 5.8. this is 5.8 mounted on my goggles

020%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

now i'm not sure if i gave myself brain cancer, but the reception was the best it had ever been

there all here

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11_45_49_97

about half way down they got helicals for goggles, that's the same thing. it takes one of them other globe looking things on the rest of the page on the craft. Biggest improvement a guy could make

the basic deal is i'd get the best goggles i could get with a built in rx, use that with a nice set of antennas and upgrade the rest later. Immersion is releasing a duo 1.3 that you would be wise to use if you want to keep going with the fpv thing, if not, the goggles are an easy sale in the classifieds..... and people love good CP antennas.....