How Do You Throttle Calibrate an ESC with Red Wire Cut?

daskim

After believing (incorrectly) that all four ESCs were throttle calibrate with my rx, I cut the red wires to attach each of the ESCs to the Naza M which has its own BEC.

Now I need to recalibrate (throttle) for two of the ESCs, and the red wire won't securely reattach. (Two or the motors start unevenly, and shut dow at 15% throttle - not good).

Thoughts on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thank you

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It's really the receiver you need to power. You only need to power the esc for throttle calibration. Plug it in your throttle out, push throttle all the way up, turn radio on, power esc with main batt. Should get 2 quick beeps. Don't wait long, bring stick to bottom and you'll hear another single beep. That's it.

sorry if asking my question in the wrong place am new to this

my problem is my dji motors connected to dji opto esc's on my new tsb discovery build with naza gps 2 motors run perfectly and the other 2 just jitter
any suggestions why this is happeng and hove to solve it

tried swapping motors to the 2 motors that work still no luck but the 2 motors that work now work perfectly on the other 2 esc's
put a meter on faulty motor leads only 2 leads on faulty motors show continuity middle lead on one motor dont show continuity and the right hand one on the other motor does not show continuity
someone said it probably is that the motors are running 2 phase instead of 3
so if that is the case how do i rectify this please anyone can you help

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I've had this problem from a bad esc and a bad motor. It is exactly as you said, one phase is out of whack or shorted. You can't do anything about it but buy new replacements. Sorry.

daskim

It's really the receiver you need to power. You only need to power the esc for throttle calibration. Plug it in your throttle out, push throttle all the way up, turn radio on, power esc with main batt. Should get 2 quick beeps. Don't wait long, bring stick to bottom and you'll hear another single beep. That's it.

Not certain what you mean by "plug it in your throttle out." I believe I'm supposed to plug the ESC servo lead into the throttle slot of my AR8000, but then how is the receiver powered with no red wire?

The receiver gets power from the Naza M, which is not plugged in.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yes, plug into the ar8000. Look for something else with 5-6 volts like a tx charger and wire it up. Do you have a CC bec laying around? or just power up your naza for the sake of bringing power to the rx, as long as the esc goes direct to the rx and not through the naza. I think on Hoverfly you can calibrate all esc's with them plugged in to the board but not on DJI.

tstrike

pendejo grande
View attachment 8928To grab 5v power you could disconnect the two servo leads going into the naza and use the one that came out of the X3 slot into any of the ar8000 receiver ports to power your receiver. Then pull the offending esc plug out of the naza and plug it into the ar8000's throttle port, then do the cali thing.

and remember-Don't be a mench, deprop on the bench

Attachments

• naza vu.jpg
    naza vu.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 382

When plugging the ESC cable into the throttle port, do you need to lift the red wire....or can you just go straight in? (Presuming you've already powered the rcvr with a BEC, that is.) (I'm using MayTech's btw)

.....sT

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
The servo leads have +/- and signal. All that is needed is a signal wire. The esc will get its power from the main battery. The rx will get its power from another source which you will need to provide if the red wire is cut. I think you will be ok with 2 sources of power as they are bussed in parallel. I have run my controller with all 8 bec's before and no issues. It's the same voltage. Not recommended but it shouldn't harm anything.

rolfecova

The receiver can be powered easily with the help of ESCs. You can easily cut the red wires and attach each of them with ESCs to the Naza M. The receiver should be powered easily as compared with the throttles.