Tau Labs Hoverthings VC 450 FPV and HT FPV build

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I was told that the record is up to 43 Km or miles not sure :). I am happy if I get a 5 Km range that would be crazy already and letting me get creative how madly i am going to toss the two birds around the lake by my country house. I am just not sure anymore if i will equip both birds with CC. Already thinking about sticking WKM on the more expensive one with the axis and the 433 on since the gps support is worth a lot if a signal drops etc.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
kloner I am totally clueless about the video antennas. I have the 5.8 ghz cloverleafs and i am happy. So i got the following for the 2.4ghz system now but i need additional und don't now which.

Got this for the 2.4 ghz 1000 lawmate transmitter http://videoaerialsystems.com/products/receiver-antennas/skew-planar-wheel/

and now one antenna for the Lawmate 2.4 ghz tuned saw filter whatever receiver: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_45_48&products_id=807

have a second receiver now not knowing what i should take for it ? the 5 turn like you mentioned will the one crossair cover close to medium range ?

or should i change something ?

thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
that would be great stuff to ask alex videoaerial@gmail.com

I'm planning on sitting at one end and fly up into washes and along rivers so won't have to track it much, just fly down the chute, but i'm running a cannon and a cloverleaf on diversity to start with. That'll cover me when start getting closer to home with the clover

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
VC450 has had its first flight in the meantine. I like CC easy fast setup and the performance was good out of the box.

Now starting with the actual HT-FPV Build. All components together except the HT FPV frame coming this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
From seeing build from Juz at OP, I took the risk and already presoldered the ESCS to the distribution board. Same ESCs just wrapped with Camo. Going to try to keep all visual components modded to Camo look.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
By the way if one of you has a CC board i would be very happy to take it. The second board started acting out and the reason is a bad solder joint on one of the gyros I fixed it but i dont trust the board anymore ;(

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Boards is broken i guess gyros constantly drift on the table and although already everything was setup the outputs dont work anymore and it RC connection is also gone the modules on the flight data screen stay red.
Before it was also strange since the motors would run smooth during an output test, but once a used the throttle from the radio i had random jumps in the throttle, although everything was calibrated etc.

Might have to switch to naza since not easy to get ones hand on a OP CC at the moment ;(

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hu learned a lesson if somethings wrong with a CC board best thing is to flash the board with a files that erases all previos setting that did it for me :)

Frame arrived :)

E
SCs Dist Board and Immersion current sensor mounted

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Finished :) Maiden today. Funny once though with the ImmersionRC OSD if i have the camera signal on and than turn on the Immersion OSD i dont get a picture. Powering up the OSD first and than switching on the GOpro it works hmm, maybe something i am not considering ?