Horrendous flight time!!

jfro

Aerial Fun
I take a 12v power line from my main power via a buck converter into the Tarot gimbal. I then take (either channel 7 or 8, don't remember which). and run it from my rx to the pitch input on the tarot. I think I just just use the signal and ground, with the middle power connector disconnected. Going from memory. Google will give lots of diagrams on the connections.

cliofreak

I take a 12v power line from my main power via a buck converter into the Tarot gimbal. I then take (either channel 7 or 8, don't remember which). and run it from my rx to the pitch input on the tarot. I think I just just use the signal and ground, with the middle power connector disconnected. Going from memory. Google will give lots of diagrams on the connections.
Thanks! I ended up taking 12v from the power board and straight into the Tarot like I did with the KK2.1 FC. I took ch7 and set it to the rx pitch and its all working perfectly. So...exactly the same as what you've just suggested. Thanks for the reassurance!

cliofreak

HI lads, another question...
I have the Bosco 305 200mw tx rx FPV setup. Ive a pair of cheap HK cloverleafs on instead of duckys. Today I tested distance. I checked on Googlemaps after flight and I got about 300m then zero signal. Thats not great!! Tx is positioned upside down on quadcopter and Rx is right side up on goggles. Anyone else stuck with only 300 meters?

Old Man

Seems a lot of the 200mW transmitters are really inconsistent in quality and capability. The HK antennas can be pretty dicey too. I strongly recommend IB Crazy Bluebeam circular polarized clovers for a starting point. You can play with the directional stuff after that.

cliofreak

Seems a lot of the 200mW transmitters are really inconsistent in quality and capability. The HK antennas can be pretty dicey too. I strongly recommend IB Crazy Bluebeam circular polarized clovers for a starting point. You can play with the directional stuff after that.
Thanks. Cant seem to find them anywhere in UK. Anything thats similar?

cliofreak

Also, Ive seen loads of videos from IB Crazy and he's certainly an innovator. I wonder what makes his Bluebeams better than the HK ones...considering they look pretty similar (albeit with blue dome or plastic wrap)? I suppose that goes for all of them...what makes one brand better? An antenna seems like a simple device. No disrespect intended to any manufactures.

Old Man

The difference is he actually builds them to fit the frequency range they are intended to serve, plus he uses consistent assembly practices with good materials. The China/HK stuff is all over the low side of the quality map and wire lengths/loop shapes are not accurately sized to the frequency. The fact most of them don't list a dB gain is somewhat indicative of avoiding any statement of RF quality. I have a few different sets of HK mushroom and clover leaf antennas that look real good in the spare parts box but do almost nothing when fit to a video system. They were relatively cheap though... right up until I had to buy different stuff to make the system work the way it should have. At that point they were money wasted.

Rotorfreek

In the UK you can get fat shark spironet. They are a SPW and cloverleaf pair in a raydome. Basicly the same as IBC offering. You can get them in both plug types depending on what you need on each end.

Or make them!

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

cliofreak

In the UK you can get fat shark spironet. They are a SPW and cloverleaf pair in a raydome. Basicly the same as IBC offering. You can get them in both plug types depending on what you need on each end.

Or make them!

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.
Thanks Rotorfreek. Hey I just got one of those cell checkers you recommended. Im currently using the balance tap from lipo to power FPV. Any ideas how to use cell checker while also being able to power fpv? Does it have a 'through' power out or is it possible to split the balance tap?

cliofreak

Something like this maybe but with all 4 wires going to the cell checker rather than just two as seen here?

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG-8+BRPqlu50pQ~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16ZHJHgE9n0yG-8+BRPqlu50pQ~~60_57.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 303