Hobby partz won't ship my battery order.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Guess what!

We in Canada can no longer get LiPo batteries from the U.S. That is really frustrating.

Anyone know where one can buy Lipo batteries outside of the U.S. and won't charge an arm and leg for shipping like Hobby King does?

animau

Guess what!

We in Canada can no longer get LiPo batteries from the U.S. That is really frustrating.

Anyone know where one can buy Lipo batteries outside of the U.S. and won't charge an arm and leg for shipping like Hobby King does?

Yep i'm in the same boat, i'm from montreal..
so since we can't order from them i'm ordering now from http://www.hobbyking.com
It take longer for shipping but it shipped in canada!

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Hey Animau,

I'm in Ottawa, not far from the border either. I thought that Hobby Partz would not to P.O. Boxes. My friend who I would normally go through is now in Mongolia.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Why can't you guys get LiPo's from the US....?

The U.S. department of transportation has put a ban on all export of LiPo batteries. They don't mind them coming into the country but they don't want the them shipped back out. Not sure of the reasoning.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
wow, that's crap

bet hobbyking opens a warehouse in canada now

Hope they don't. Or their prices will go through the roof. Canada like to make everything more expensive than it needs to be. We are always amazed when we go to the states and buy food. Food is cheep in the U.S.

kloner

Aerial DP
our news was showing the northern border towns costco problems. locals want us resident only shop times cause you guys clog it up

they moved here and the only thing that happened is it seems like you can get something from the us warehouse for what the one from china costs plus the chineese shipping, then you gotta pay a little more for the us shipping here

I can't beleive no lipos leave the states.... wtf. that's alot of things that have them

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
our news was showing the northern border towns costco problems. locals want us resident only shop times cause you guys clog it up

they moved here and the only thing that happened is it seems like you can get something from the us warehouse for what the one from china costs plus the chineese shipping, then you gotta pay a little more for the us shipping here

I can't beleive no lipos leave the states.... wtf. that's alot of things that have them
Not sure I understand...

kloner

Aerial DP
the costco part is a discount super store. think was washington where the story was taking place, the lines to checkout were an hour to 2 hour wait and they said 90% of the shoppers were from canada. Costco is going to make a time where only the locals can come shop. said milk was 2 for 1 cost wise compared to canada, shoppers devoured 8 pallets of milk in 23 minutes or something like that. looked like a feeding frenzy, just affirming your expensive part.

the lipos and lots of things have em and not able to mail em out of here meant theres alot of stuff that have lipos in em. Pretty much anything that is cordless is lipo now. cameras especially. Cell phones, on and on the list goes

Sorry its not a box, its a company that does shipping recieving. I sign up and use thier address as my own, so as far as company is concerned its my house. And a guy there signs for it. I get an email when its in. They charge 3 bucks.... Maybe theres one or similar near u.
Tsbshipping.com

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Sorry its not a box, its a company that does shipping recieving. I sign up and use thier address as my own, so as far as company is concerned its my house. And a guy there signs for it. I get an email when its in. They charge 3 bucks.... Maybe theres one or similar near u.
Tsbshipping.com

That's awesome! But, only looks like one location in Washington. :upset:
I"ll look for similar companies.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
our ups stores used to be called mailboxes etc. they still do the mailboxes, and you can ship anything there. it's a street address with a box number like an apartment.

it's not part of the traditional no shipping to po boxes, that means boxes at actual usps post offices

sixback

Guess what!

You can get batteries from the States but you just can't use the US Postal Service. UPS and FedEx will ship them.
You can use Helidirect, they offer both services for us Canucks.
Though I hear your pain, I prefer USPS/CanadaPost above all other shipping methods. Ended up buying a 3s transmitter lipo for my DX7 locally at double the cost of what it cost on Helidirect.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
You can get batteries from the States but you just can't use the US Postal Service. UPS and FedEx will ship them.
You can use Helidirect, they offer both services for us Canucks.
Though I hear your pain, I prefer USPS/CanadaPost above all other shipping methods. Ended up buying a 3s transmitter lipo for my DX7 locally at double the cost of what it cost on Helidirect.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. I never did like dealing with Hobby Partz, I found them to be sneaky, such as trying to cancel an order and then hearing 3 or 4 days later that it had been shipped to only get an Email one hour after it was shipped that I can't cancel my order because it had already been shipped. I wish they could all be like RMRC. :)