Higher capacity LiPo's may be on their way

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Hang on, I am still getting over the change from NiCads to NiMh, to LiPo's....... :dejection:

STEVE5

Attachments

• FUEL CELL.jpg
    FUEL CELL.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 310

Valuable information...... hope it gets to market quickly. Seems to me that the Turnigy Nano-tech batteries claim to incorporate nanotubes but not sure to what extent that benefits. I was also quite shocked to see that a friend had incredible flight time with his Cinestar 6 using very small Thunderpower batteries....carrying a micro 4/3 Canon or Sony camera.... can't remember which.

The fuel cell shows promise and I have seen a local Museum was using experimental Fuelcell batteries a few year back.... didn't think it was possible to achieve so high an energy density with fuel cells relative to LiPo batteries.....only at much larger scales as per military UAVs.

W. Reimer

I have a small fuel cell charger that I bought...4, maybe 5 years ago. It also has about the same energy capacity per cartridge, but it's slow releasing that energy. It would be a fantastic solution for UAV's if it were able to discharge at a rate high enough to get some props spinning; I don't think it weighs much more than a 4S 5000 mah. It's very reliable; I've taken it on several medical aid trips into some pretty primitive areas in Central America & Africa to recharge a sat phone. It does that just fine, but it's a slow process...about 5 hours for a full charge.
It's only a matter of time (and I suspect a decreasing amount of that) before we're all looking back on the days when we were only getting 25 minutes flight time from our "high-tech" batteries