Hi from Liverpool in the UK

Mick Koi

Hi all im Mick from Liverpool, UK...

Ive only just signed up to the forum, with the hope of learning as much as i can about all things that fly remotely!...

Iv recently bought a Phantom 2, with Gimbal and GoPro and I'm hooked already, I'm exploring the possibilities of applying it to a business format and trying to possibly earn a small living from it, therefore ill be asking all kinds of questions, some of which may be laughable to most of you, but crucial to the likes of myself being a total newbie to it all, so expect some quite silly questions haha

A little more about me, well I'm 32, hobbies include Falconry, all things hunting (as limited as that is in the UK!), travelling, keeping fit, Muay Thai, BJJ, weights etc, walking and the great outdoors and being a super dad to my 3 year old to top it all of... ; )

That'll do for now i think...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Mick and welcome to MRF.

I am sure you will find it a nice and friendly environment to learn and have questions answered, what ever they be. We all have to start somewhere.

As for earning a living I think that ia the biggest justifier of all to your self and her in doors to shell out for one of these things, although it is a bit earlier easier these days to blow a little bit, like you have or a LOT. Like you will! That is unless you are really strict with yourself! You will need to find a real niche market to make anything from it or risk a lot with the off chance you may strike it lucky. There is a growing number of businesses out there that are expanding and may have openings for pilots in the near future but if you have just started thats a long way down the road. CAA permissions will be needed for 1 and thats going to cost you in monetary terms £1300 isn and three days for your life + the writing of an OM and then all the gaffing to get the bit of paper to say you can fly!

I would take it really slow and ask yourself do I rely want to go further, especially with a three year old in toe! My choice would be the three year old every time. Your Phantom is a great little machine fly it to death and if you want to see how long the road is go look here ;-

All of my mistakes and wows revealed! Start at the beginning and work your way through!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDroider

Dave (southport)

As for earning a living then tha

Mick Koi

Hi Mick and welcome to MRF.

I am sure you will find it a nice and friendly environment to learn and have questions answered, what ever they be. We all have to start somewhere.

As for earning a living I think that ia the biggest justifier of all to your self and her in doors to shell out for one of these things, although it is a bit earlier easier these days to blow a little bit, like you have or a LOT. Like you will! That is unless you are really strict with yourself! You will need to find a real niche market to make anything from it or risk a lot with the off chance you may strike it lucky. There is a growing number of businesses out there that are expanding and may have openings for pilots in the near future but if you have just started thats a long way down the road. CAA permissions will be needed for 1 and thats going to cost you in monetary terms £1300 isn and three days for your life + the writing of an OM and then all the gaffing to get the bit of paper to say you can fly!

I would take it really slow and ask yourself do I rely want to go further, especially with a three year old in toe! My choice would be the three year old every time. Your Phantom is a great little machine fly it to death and if you want to see how long the road is go look here ;-

All of my mistakes and wows revealed! Start at the beginning and work your way through!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDroider

Dave (southport)

As for earning a living then tha

Hi Dave, and thanks for taking the time to write ur post..

i totally understand what ur saying about trying to earn from it, and the difficulties that will go along with it, I'm just putting some ideas out there, nothing concrete and defo no big costly purchases just yet! :nevreness: Iv had a look into the CAA side of things and was debating whether to do the license anyway to get the right things in place and to learn along the way, thanks for the youtube post, i had a quick look earlier but never had time to go through them, ill have a good look when i sit down properly, thanks a lot pal

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Welcome to the addiction. Droider has given you some sound advice there. Anyway, feel free to ask away, I hope you find this place as helpful and friendly as I have.