Herkules IV arrived at Kopterworx.

Vortex

We never stated that KW10 is equal to axi 4120 since they are different in size and weight. KW10 have around 750 wat and are 185g ws AXI 320g. KW10 maximum eficency is 10-25 amps while axi has 13-37amps.
So you can do the math on how much power you get from KW10. And we have 2 same kopters , one with axi and one with kw10 and the results are about the same. They can both lift 20kg while axi motors pull about 30 more amps on same payload.
I will say both motors are good for big payloads. Now it is up to you which you will choose. Price is also different.

I would like that the ones that have the option to try both motors and then spread the word around. We used about 500 hours of work to test all motors and propelers with different mixers on diferent payloads. And i know that axi on normal okto skyjib 8 with 9kg total wight on 5s almost could not lift with 15x5 props. When we did x configuration with 17 inch props the story changed and they had a lot power on 6s. But how can you fit 17inch props on normal skyjib 8. Mission imposible.

Hey Lanzar, all along I have been asking for a motor comparison and haven't said one motor was any better than any other, I am more interested in the figures. After 500hrs of trials you should have some good data and I am sure there are a lot of us who have already bought different motors and props who would like to see how they stack up against each other.

I'd be interested to see how the different props compared also.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your figures.

Regards,

Lance

Lanzar

Hey,

Me and MAtjaz were just talking about that. We should make a chart with motors, props and payload and always mark what we test so we could also do comparison with other types.
I dont have any chart at the moment. Just a memory in the head on what worx with what. I will try to cover this from now on so after a test i will write everything down and make a comparison.
KW8 have good performance with 15x5 or even 14x6. KW10 have good performance with 16x6, also 15x5 or 17 inch for max thrust. With 14 inch the KW10 overspin. Well we will do more tests soon and i will record and post results.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Feeling wise i would say it works. I guess that ys-x6 works with the same ESCs as DJI does. To go sure though i would ask from YS-X6 for infos about how they communicate with the ESCs. Start pulse pulse range width what ever there is and check with Andreas. Up to now i only know of build with DJI and MK.

Boris

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
On 25 August Krleas indicated this would be available soon - after thorough testing etc. etc. The expression 'soon' normally suggests imminent, as in a couple of minutes, a matter of days or perhaps a week or two. However, it appears he has used the Picloc variant where the word 'soon' can indicate any time between three months and never.

I wonder when it will finally be available?

ChrisViperM

I am also wondering when it will be avalible.....as soon as I see something worth buying, I can go bananas when it says: Avalible soon....and I can't get it

But in this case I think it's a wise decission to hold back....Andreas Baier is a very good guy when it comes to all the electronics and programming, and the great guys at Kopterworx are more than competent to test every stupid configuration that we as "users" will ever come up with...

If that Herkules Board is flawless, it will be a killer, if not, it will also be a killer, but in a different sense....I'd rather wait a bit longer and don't become a beta-tester, but a happy user

Chris

krleas

FPV Freak
I am also wondering when it will be avalible.....as soon as I see something worth buying, I can go bananas when it says: Avalible soon....and I can't get it

But in this case I think it's a wise decission to hold back....Andreas Baier is a very good guy when it comes to all the electronics and programming, and the great guys at Kopterworx are more than competent to test every stupid configuration that we as "users" will ever come up with...

If that Herkules Board is flawless, it will be a killer, if not, it will also be a killer, but in a different sense....I'd rather wait a bit longer and don't become a beta-tester, but a happy user

Chris

Basicly they are ready in production - 200 pieces, but Andreas doesnt want to put them out, he still waiting for beta testers.
He want to be product 120% without any problems, like previous Herkules was.

Even the boards will be now fully assembled, every customer will tell Andreas what he want and the boards will arrive mounted on coolers, with all cables, ....

I made a lot of test with the board, i want to override it and push it to limits to burn it out. I didnt succes.
Its really powerfull board.

Good job Andreas.

Well the boards as far as I can tell work perfectly. I am sure that Mr. Baier want's to produce an 100% finished product in every way and that's the reason for the beta test delays.

anaka

Well the boards as far as I can tell work perfectly. I am sure that Mr. Baier want's to produce an 100% finished product in every way and that's the reason for the beta test delays.

i like this way to think....all the developers should do it or at least introduce a betatesting-price period

ChrisViperM

Unbelievably expensive for what they are.

This is a relative statement with a few things to consider: There was a lot of time and efford which went into the development of this board, and AFAIK it's all done by Andreas himself. There is also the costs he has to lay out for the serial production of the board before he get's one cent payed by his first customer and so on. From what I understand folowing the story behind Andreas, his intention is not to be on a get-rich-quick trip but the passion to be the person who developed a product which is "bulletproof", and this is something which in these days you hardly find anymore. In the "good old days" a lot of company were proud of the products they made, today it's all about profit maximizing, market share, profiling all all the other crap. ...

As I said in an earlier post, if this board is up to the feedback from the beta-testers, it will be a killer....but not for the average hobby guy.....it won't be a mega-turnover maker, but there is enough people out there with a more professional aproach which are very much concered about safety and reliability of the products they use.....if the new board can take away the risks and hassles (concerning power distribution, ESC's and beeing able to set it up with a lot of different hardware) we all have to struggle to some extend at the moment, and if you use a lot of expensive frames, cameras, gimbals, etc....it is a very wise investment.

How much will it cost if you have a few production jobs lined up and your bird drops down the day before the first shot....how much is it worth to be able to concentrate a little more on your actual filming and don't have to fill your pants because you are worried that one of the super-duper-mega-deal ESC's from Hobbyking just produce the "holy smoke".....as I saied....it's all relative

Chris

anaka

ok...honestly it is far to be cheap..

I think it will deserve for sure a higer price than "the super-duper-mega-deal ESC's from Hobbyking"
but 1500€ for an octo looks a bit too much expensive

let's see how good will be once on the market

This is a relative statement with a few things to consider: There was a lot of time and efford which went into the development of this board, and AFAIK it's all done by Andreas himself. There is also the costs he has to lay out for the serial production of the board before he get's one cent payed by his first customer and so on. From what I understand folowing the story behind Andreas, his intention is not to be on a get-rich-quick trip but the passion to be the person who developed a product which is "bulletproof", and this is something which in these days you hardly find anymore. In the "good old days" a lot of company were proud of the products they made, today it's all about profit maximizing, market share, profiling all all the other crap. ...

As I said in an earlier post, if this board is up to the feedback from the beta-testers, it will be a killer....but not for the average hobby guy.....it won't be a mega-turnover maker, but there is enough people out there with a more professional aproach which are very much concered about safety and reliability of the products they use.....if the new board can take away the risks and hassles (concerning power distribution, ESC's and beeing able to set it up with a lot of different hardware) we all have to struggle to some extend at the moment, and if you use a lot of expensive frames, cameras, gimbals, etc....it is a very wise investment.

How much will it cost if you have a few production jobs lined up and your bird drops down the day before the first shot....how much is it worth to be able to concentrate a little more on your actual filming and don't have to fill your pants because you are worried that one of the super-duper-mega-deal ESC's from Hobbyking just produce the "holy smoke".....as I saied....it's all relative

Chris

All your points are acknowledged. I own the herkules II v4, so I speak with a little experience.

Your right, Andreas is a one man show and limited run, high quality chips cost big money. Andreas selling point WAS that his chips were high quality and better than Chinese made ESC.

Unfortunately, reports started coming in that hex and octo config were failing with certain motor combinations, bringing the chip into question and undoubtably costing some owners and operators out there a lot of money in lost and damaged equipment.

That's why the chips are in revision, but I doubt I would pay THAT much money AGAIN for an unproven product that has recorded failures.

My recommendation to any prosumers out there: let the cashed up early adopters take the risks on this one.