Herkules IV arrived at Kopterworx.

flytofly

The guys are flying with the DJI WKM Mixer X8 mixer which by default does not reduce or increase the rpm for the top or bottom props. I think though that they are flying slightly modified mixer in order to have one herkules board taking care of either the upper or lower props which would give them extra redundancy if one herk board failes. You would remain with a quad. Probably with the KW 10 they are flying 15 or 16 xoars probably 16 xoars

Boris

Thank you. Interesting, It would be amazing if they could confirm this.

Vortex

The figures certainly look good!! I was checking out the props too and see they are using 15x5

The KW10 motors seem to be very strong and efficient. Have you got any test comparison data ie the Orbit 15-20 and AXI 4120/20

Thanks,

Lance

flytofly

The figures certainly look good!! I was checking out the props too and see they are using 15x5

The KW10 motors seem to be very strong and efficient. Have you got any test comparison data ie the Orbit 15-20 and AXI 4120/20

Thanks,

Lance

I recently contacted Jan V. at Model Motors (Axi Motors) and asked if it would be possible to produce a lightweight version of the 4120/20 similar to the KW10, his reply..

"If you compare 4120/20 and KW10 simply there is not the same power motor neverthless that on advertisement is written it is.

Capacity of materials allow 4120/20 up to 1100watts...."

Vortex

I recently contacted Jan V. at Model Motors (Axi Motors) and asked if it would be possible to produce a lightweight version of the 4120/20 similar to the KW10, his reply..

"If you compare 4120/20 and KW10 simply there is not the same power motor neverthless that on advertisement is written it is.

Capacity of materials allow 4120/20 up to 1100watts...."

Thanks for the reply but I'd like to see a comparison between different motors. I appreciate Kopterworx are trying to promote their new motors but there are a lot of customers out there who bought these other motors from them and would like to see the results from a comparison test.

It'd certainly put to rest any doubts regarding the new KW10 motors.

Regards,

Lance

Have a look on posts 73&76.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ve-8-Crash-Video&p=62002&viewfull=1#post62002

Personally after testing all major brands of the motors discussed and even though the efficiency is slightly lower I would not compare the Orbit 15-20 with the Tiger equivalent, painted black or not.
There is no comparison. All Tiger motor rebrands offer inferior build quality than the Orbits, only 2 bearings and around 10 x times the vibrations and noise.
I will try and make a video with sound and show you how my old and used Plettenberg Orbit sound and vibrate compared to a brand new Tiger 2814. I will even pick the best Tiger out of six that I have.
Also the 15-20 is not recommended anymore. The 15-20 is a low pole motor build for high speed short runs and not for multicopters. A better Plettenberg is a 20-18 on 5S.
If only they made a higher pole motor.

Last edited by a moderator:

CineRebel

Cine check the vimeo Herkules channel. I think that's what mkthor is actually doing and tested

Boris

Yeah I saw that, but Plettenberg keep telling that 15-20 are 4s max. I have been flying them 5s with 14x5 xoars for while now with no problems. But wouldnt 6s lipos get your motors burned up in time?

Lanzar

Have a look on posts 73&76.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...ve-8-Crash-Video&p=62002&viewfull=1#post62002

Personally after testing all major brands of the motors discussed and even though the efficiency is slightly lower I would not compare the Orbit 15-20 with the Tiger equivalent, painted black or not.
There is no comparison. All Tiger motor rebrands offer inferior build quality than the Orbits, only 2 bearings and around 10 x times the vibrations and noise.
I will try and make a video with sound and show you how my old and used Plettenberg Orbit sound and vibrate compared to a brand new Tiger 2814. I will even pick the best Tiger out of six that I have.
Also the 15-20 is not recommended anymore. The 15-20 is a low pole motor build for high speed short runs and not for multicopters. A better Plettenberg is a 20-18 on 5S.
If only they made a higher pole motor.

HAHAHAHAHA

This post made my morning :)
Btw KW8 paint black tigers that we have have 3 bearings and not 2. But at the end our black painted tiger motors are flying all over the world without any crash so far as i cant say that for orbit. I know a lot off crashes with orbit motors.

Lanzar

Thanks for the reply but I'd like to see a comparison between different motors. I appreciate Kopterworx are trying to promote their new motors but there are a lot of customers out there who bought these other motors from them and would like to see the results from a comparison test.

It'd certainly put to rest any doubts regarding the new KW10 motors.

Regards,

Lance

We never stated that KW10 is equal to axi 4120 since they are different in size and weight. KW10 have around 750 wat and are 185g ws AXI 320g. KW10 maximum eficency is 10-25 amps while axi has 13-37amps.
So you can do the math on how much power you get from KW10. And we have 2 same kopters , one with axi and one with kw10 and the results are about the same. They can both lift 20kg while axi motors pull about 30 more amps on same payload.
I will say both motors are good for big payloads. Now it is up to you which you will choose. Price is also different.

I would like that the ones that have the option to try both motors and then spread the word around. We used about 500 hours of work to test all motors and propelers with different mixers on diferent payloads. And i know that axi on normal okto skyjib 8 with 9kg total wight on 5s almost could not lift with 15x5 props. When we did x configuration with 17 inch props the story changed and they had a lot power on 6s. But how can you fit 17inch props on normal skyjib 8. Mission imposible.

HAHAHAHAHA

Btw KW8 paint black tigers that we have have 3 bearings and not 2. But at the end our black painted tiger motors are flying all over the world without any crash so far as i cant say that for orbit. I know a lot off crashes with orbit motors.

Was talking about avrotors. I was under the impression the KW were not tigers . Good to know. Esc failure has nothing to do with motors btw. After all I am not selling anything...

flytofly

HAHAHAHAHA

Lanzar, I'm considering either the MT3515, 4120/20 or KW10. Can you confirm that the Tiger MT3515 only have 2 bearings and the KW10 actually have 3 bearings? Thanks for the info. This conformation will help a great deal.

yeehaanow

Compared to the Avroto's I had previously, the Tiger 3515 400kv are super smooth. Next project might need to be the KW.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i'm confused, are the new Hercules boards ready for delivery yet? why would anyone use a Herc board over four ESC's for DJI or Hoverfly?

Does the Hercules board support 18 pole (aka pancake) motors?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
i'm confused, are the new Hercules boards ready for delivery yet? why would anyone use a Herc board over four ESC's for DJI or Hoverfly?

Does the Hercules board support 18 pole (aka pancake) motors?

Distribution not necessary anymore weight reduction. Beside the point of additional soldering, distribution to ESC etc. Less areas were there can be faults. In general weight reduction compared to equivalent ESCs:

- With XL-Cooling plate 150x150mm : 300g
- With L-Cooling plate 100x100mm : 240g
- Without any Cooling plate 80x80mm : 90g

Question though which cooling you choose.

4s - 6s, 8s also possible can be ordered specifically.

Firmware developed for our multi rotor needs ! And out of my experience the Firmware gets worked on if there is a demand for changes ! So you have a source you can work with. Since Andreas is a passionate multi rotor guy and not just a company that develops ESCs for the broad range !

probably more A possible than stated. All the tests that came in and we see 10 15 20 KG kopters flying the temps stay low !

Don't think they are available yet, think they really want to make sure everything is as expected so the testing goes on !

Boris

Lanzar

Lanzar, I'm considering either the MT3515, 4120/20 or KW10. Can you confirm that the Tiger MT3515 only have 2 bearings and the KW10 actually have 3 bearings? Thanks for the info. This conformation will help a great deal.

Just to let you know mt 3515 and kw10 are not the same motors.

You need to read KW8. Kw10 have bigger bearings than kw8 so there is no need. And motor smoothness is not because off bearings but from magnet poles and how pricise are they and how many you have. And how well the prop shaft and rotor is assembled.
BAsicaly i did not notice that we had any less wibrations from axi or any other motor. Those who calibrate engines and propelers up to 1/10 mg have taken this to a whole new level and i realy dont know why they do it. I see no need in doing that since none off those vibrations make it to our gimball. It looks like somebody is looking for a needle in a haystack.

flytofly

Just to let you know mt 3515 and kw10 are not the same motors.

You need to read KW8. Kw10 have bigger bearings than kw8 so there is no need. And motor smoothness is not because off bearings but from magnet poles and how pricise are they and how many you have. And how well the prop shaft and rotor is assembled.
BAsicaly i did not notice that we had any less wibrations from axi or any other motor. Those who calibrate engines and propelers up to 1/10 mg have taken this to a whole new level and i realy dont know why they do it. I see no need in doing that since none off those vibrations make it to our gimball. It looks like somebody is looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thanks Lanzar, very helpful.