Has anyone tried these kits

kloner

Aerial DP
I've had the frame,,, the copper things the bolts went into came out on one arm, kinda sucked. The esc's do require programing the throttle range as well as faking it to think you have a nimh pack so she doesn't shut a motor off on ya. Get there programing card makes it a breeze. kk is a decent board. the apm's i've been seeing lately seem stable enough to negate the extra cost especially since it can grow with you. the kk with the onboard screen for programing seems like a good one for starting out since it is kinda rough, as is a new pilot and you can change things and see how it acts without it being a pc connection. makes it easy to change stuff in the field

flitelab

Hello all

Has anyone tried these very kits http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname= and do the esc's and motors take much setting up because i do not know how to calibrate them if they do and i am thinking of using a KK V2.0 controller board.

Thanks Dave

it is probably an ok setup, nothing too special, basic dji clone frame. Might be slightly better off with escs with Simonk firmware but these will also work ok. You will need to calibrate the escs but it is a fairly simple process you should learn anyway.

The kk2 board is probably the best starter board for the price, fairly simple to setup and tune via the LCD. I would suggest getting the USB programmer for it so you can update the firmware to v1.4 or 1.5 as it has much better auto level.

Just don't expect it all to be plug and play, it will need some setup and tuning.

davethepitch

Thank you for your replies i don't know whether to build a second quad or just upgrade my existing Crius MultiWii SE flight controller to an Crius All in one pro with gps instead.

Dave