Handheld stabilization

ChrisViperM

Oh man...that's mind blowing (like the Cyber Lady at 1:20). Interresting thing for me is the fact how much of that innovative stuff is coming from Russia, Poland, Slowenia....looks like FreeFly created the hell of a barrel burst with their multi-thousand-dollar gimbal stuff. We all have to sit back relaxed and wait a few couple of month....

Coming back to your vid....must be great to combine it with this:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Oh man...that's mind blowing (like the Cyber Lady at 1:20). Interresting thing for me is the fact how much of that innovative stuff is coming from Russia, Poland, Slowenia....looks like FreeFly created the hell of a barrel burst with their multi-thousand-dollar gimbal stuff. We all have to sit back relaxed and wait a few couple of month....

Coming back to your vid....must be great to combine it with this:

Chris

Very nice ! Okay i am building one warming up the 3d printer :)

cs8

It is standard Zenmuse with DJI landing gear. IMU mounted on top of the Zenmuse and that is it :)

ChrisViperM

Thanks for the answer..... What I would be interested to know is if you exerience any different behavior of the Zen when mounted to a a Copter versus hand held. It is a common weakness of the Zen to slightly shift horizont and sometimes not being able to hold center. I still could not figure out if it is realted to the GPS, the IMU of the WooKong (apperantely the Zen doesn't work without WooKong IMU) or anything else.....I guess you have to use the WooKong IMU and a GPS .....?!?!?

Chris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the answer..... What I would be interested to know is if you exerience any different behavior of the Zen when mounted to a a Copter versus hand held. It is a common weakness of the Zen to slightly shift horizont and sometimes not being able to hold center. I still could not figure out if it is realted to the GPS, the IMU of the WooKong (apperantely the Zen doesn't work without WooKong IMU) or anything else.....I guess you have to use the WooKong IMU and a GPS .....?!?!?

Chris

As far as i know you only need the IMU and the PMU, PMU only for the reason to have the IMU powered over can-bus and to have a can-bus socket to connect the zemuse GCU to.
The actual keeping level as far as m research goes is the maxon motor setup with the maxon encoders. The info were the copter is space comes from the IMU, thus i would say a drift in the horizon
is due to the WKM IMU.

Zenmuse is to 70% swiss :)

Boris

cs8

It works perfect. You don't need GPS. I even had 14-42 lens on 42 fully extended and out of the balance and it performed great. On the copter vibrations would killed it.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 11207says it all :)

easier than ever to replicate it ! The maxon motors seem to be stronger than standard rewound brushless motors and they have nearly no cogging making the balancing easier ! Think people from the brushless gimbal scene are on it trying to get motors from them !

Boris

Attachments

• DJI Zenmuse GoPro gimbal.jpg
    DJI Zenmuse GoPro gimbal.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 287