Orange JR receiver reviews?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am about to buy a 3rd JR 921x rx and at $170/each I am wondering if I can get away with one of the chinese cheapo's for $6 at Hobby Kaching. I wont be flying more than my fold-n-fly with a gopro, not that I want to lose it. Wondering if anyone has any feedback.

thanks
Yuri

Fiveflat

Banned
This rcvr was originally on my 550 class heli. Never had a problem with it. I only fly LOS for now but I've gone as far as 1/4 mile until it was a speck and used RTH to get home...

IMG_2562.JPG

Austin913

great thread! I need another Rx soon for my X9503. can anyone offer any tips on general set up of a X9503 with CC3D?

flitelab

I use the Orange RX all the time with my DX8, no issues so far.
If you want full failsafe be sure to use the 7 and 9 channel ones or the new full range 6 channel.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
makes you wonder what costs $170 in that box. Probably nothing and it probably still comes from China. Do those orange rx come with a remote satellite?

thanks for the responses. I may have to give it a try.

flitelab

Paying for the Spektrum name is a lot of it I suspect.

They do not come with satellite, you have to buy them separate.

Fiveflat

Banned
makes you wonder what costs $170 in that box. Probably nothing and it probably still comes from China. Do those orange rx come with a remote satellite?

thanks for the responses. I may have to give it a try.

Yes, if you look close you'll see my OrangeRX satellite rcvr on the right rear arm.

Err, I misunderstood your question. Yes you have to buy them separate I believe.

Fiveflat

Banned
Yea, it's the freq. hopping capability. Not a big deal unless you are flying with something like more than 40 other people or something ridiculous like that.

Fiveflat

Banned
yea, after this discussion I've reminded myself to upgrade my ORX 6ch with a fully capable ORX 9ch rcvr. They're only like $24 and I can have loss of signal failsafe as well!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i've got two of the six channel orange Rx's that I use on planes and the occasional quad. no problems yet. they used to be even cheaper than they are now but they were never in stock, then the prices jumped up.

RuralFPV

COWS!!!!
are these similar to the Orange brand?
http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/

are they reliable?

I have two of those... now. I got the first one from GorillaBobs. It didn't work, could never get the fast flash to bind. So he sent me another one which did work.

The one that didn't work was a bit interesting. The solder job on it looked a bit 'off'. I'm an ET so I blasted the entire board with my reflow station (was sure I got it too hot :) ) and it started working. Of course I have zero confidence in that one now. LOL

The good one... can't really speak to that yet. It's on a slow stick that I haven't maidened yet. Hopefully this weekend. /crossesfingers

Edit: Just to note, RCG has a large thread on the lemons. The manufacturer was replying at one point (haven't checked it out in a while) and seemed quite responsive to suggestions from customers. It's the reason I decided to try one to begin with.

Edit Edit: And no, they're not clones of the oranges. I have an orange and now two lemons, the boards are different.

Last edited by a moderator: