gStabiH14 - 14lbs / 6.4kg gimbal @ NAB 2014

I haven't ... After almost 2 years of flying to the limits of the AV200 I'm ready to move on... I'll definitely let you know how it goes. I've spent the last couple of weeks talking to users of the Gremsy and the techs in Vietnam and I'm very excited about their system. They'll be opening an office in San Diego very soon if all goes well and Rory is just a phone call away and he has been extremely helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaDave

How's the new gimbal?
i got the S1000v and it's smooth. I have to work out one kink in the camera ,(it's taking a still frame every 55 seconds on its own) and it will be perfect. I'm at the beach right now so flying the small machine. Let me hear from you.

ovdt

Loving the gimbal. Got some time off next week and I'll get it in the air. The GUI is slick and it's super easy to tune.

I'm really wondering your experience. I don't see much aerial footage with Gstabi H14.

The other thing I'm wondering is if they are going to reduce the price after DJI Ronin's launch with $2999 price tag.

Quinton

I'm really wondering your experience. I don't see much aerial footage with Gstabi H14.

The other thing I'm wondering is if they are going to reduce the price after DJI Ronin's launch with $2999 price tag.

DJI really have their marketing head screwed on, lets see they still want you to pay $450 for a stand for the Ronin, you get 1 battery with it, and guess what batteries are $200 each, wonder if it only works with a "Lightbridge" hmm will it work with other battery chargers, or can it only work with DJI $70 charger.
You really have to think of the future, like in a few months down the line DJI will probably totally change it after their users have beta tested it for them.
They may have found a cash cow in the movi sorry "movie" industry now that MR people are starting to wise up to them.

I have 0 faith in DJI to support anything. Every question I've had in last month has been answered in minutes! Not hours or days. That alone is enough for me. But since I'll be flying it as well... It's about 4 lbs heavier than the Gremsy. And let's not forget.. You get what you pay for. Gremsy is still offering their NAB price of 4999$.

ovdt

I agree %100 of what you guys say about DJI. I am another victim as well in terms of support.

As for GStabiH14, I would like to see how well they hold the horizon level. And some raw aerial footage would be great for those who are seriously considering this gimbal. I think they have very nice product tour videos; they are only lack of real world usage videos to convince the users.

I'm loving it so far.. C300 a couple of times and 5D a bunch. I have zero complaints. Fast setup.. crazy fast balancing and clean interface with the ipad/iphone apps. Very happy!

Flubbs

I'm loving it so far.. C300 a couple of times and 5D a bunch. I have zero complaints. Fast setup.. crazy fast balancing and clean interface with the ipad/iphone apps. Very happy!

Really That good? I have a SkyJib X4XL in build, thought about and dismissed Ronin, the skyjib is coming to get rid of the 800EVO, cant afford a MOVI, but the Gremsy looks spot on, it was also recommended by Aeronavics too, but am keen to hear a comparison between MOVI and the H14. it also needs to work down to a GH4 for most of the time..

certainly seems the way to go.

roryhinds

I have a friend who uses his H14 with the Red Epic and Canon 5D and just loves it. He will also be getting the GH4 to replace the 5D soon.

If you have any questions about the H14, let me know.

I absolutely have no complaints about the H14. It is exactly what I wanted in a gimbal. Haven't flown the GH4 lumix yet but will soon I hope.