gStabiH14 - 14lbs / 6.4kg gimbal @ NAB 2014

roryhinds

banner_NAB.jpg

I'll be at NAB with the gStabiH14 gimbal system.

- Designed for larger camera such as the EPIC.
- 14lbs Payload (6.4kg)
- Fast setup time with quick release clamps( no fighting rotating axis )
- Wifi control with iPad & Android + PC & Mac
- JoyStick control
- GPS horizontal drift correction
- Super charged brushless motors with 6S battery for extra torque.

Please contact me to arrange a meeting and take a look at this amazing gimbal.

Package includes:
: gStabiH14 gimbal
: 15mm Rod adaptor (for remote follow focus)
: Stand
: Wifi Module
: GPS Module
: Joystick Module
: 2 x Batteries
: Battery Charger
: Battery Checker

Regular price is $6390 + shipping and I'll be offering a special NAB price of $5900 including shipping.

You can email your orders in to rory@gremsy.com or call me on +1 818 748 8428

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Roy.. is there mounting facilities for MR's? I cnt seem to see anything on the website or am I missing something here?

Dave

roryhinds

MR = Multi Rotors :)

If this is the case then there is an adapter plate that fits on the top motor for mounting to multicopters.

I have a SkyJib and the adaptor fits nicely onto the SkyJib gimbal tray.

You obviously need to take off the handle and handle bars first to move from hand held setup to flight setup.

The H14 also has a GPS to compensate for fast accelerations and keeping the horizon when accelerating on a multicopter or being used out the window of a vehicle or on the back of a motorbike.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Roy

have yo any pics of it on your SjyJib or any flying video. Really interested for a production that is going to be starting in may flying a C300

Dave

roryhinds

Hi Dave

Here is a video of me flying my Epic on the gStabiH10 which is the baby brother of the H14.

Last edited by a moderator:

roryhinds

The H10 has been superseded by the H14 and is no longer for sale.

Their are major improvements with the H14. Stronger motors, 6S batteries for more torque which handle a 14lbs / 6.4kg payload.
The frame has quick release clips for super fast balancing of the camera.

The MoVi can only do 10-12lbs
You really get a superior MoVi but for a fraction of the price.

Kari

Is it based on alexmos or have you done all your own electronics and motors? Any screenshots of tuning gui etc. Thanks, kari

roryhinds

You loose the handle bar's and handle, so the gimbal weights around 4.4lbs / 2kg and the SkyJib adaptor is around 55g

All depends on the camera/lens/battery and accessories you have when flying.

On the video above of me flying, the weight on that rig was 11.5lbs / 5.2kg and as mentioned i was using the H10 not the H14.
The Octo with flight batteries was around 7kg.

All up it was around 12 - 13kg (26lbs)

roryhinds

its their own board, not the AlexMos.
They also designed their own motors so its a totally custom package, tuned for heavy payloads.

Here is a video showing the iPad app and controlling the gimbal with iPad gestures

https://vimeo.com/88507071

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Although pretty, the gimbal is still a PID based tuning system?

So am I correct in thinking that any camera or lens changes would require a full PID retune?

roryhinds

You'll be changing the weight and position of COG of the camera when you change the lens so yes you'll need to re-balance to get near perfect COG.
You should not have to change the PID values though, unless that is if you use a completely different camera and lens setup.

The software allows for saving profiles so you can bring up different settings for your various camera configurations.

roryhinds

gStabiH14 used in inverted mode with EPIC - new possibilities are opening up daily

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

gStabiH14 used in inverted mode with EPIC - new possibilities are opening up daily

Agreed, this one looks really promising.
A bit off topic but things really will be changing around the corner, anyone who hasn't seen Canons new Dual Pixel autofocus should really take a look, it is perfect for wide open gimbal shots.
Heres a quick review of it from Philip Bloom.
I can imagine it will be in a lot of future Canon cameras, I have tried this myself and am really impressed with the focusing, and I am not easily pleased.
Just ordering it for my C100 and this looks like a great gimbal to have it on.

http://philipbloom.net/2014/03/28/c100autofocus/