Greetings from Milford, NJ!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
What's that saying about a picture's worth a thousand words?

View attachment 7285

the ultimate wind challenge awaits me but will i be man enough to accept it? what's the point if i don't get video, right?

Attachments

• Hurricane Milford.jpg
    Hurricane Milford.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 285

Bartman

lets see what kinda winds she'll do

good luck, that sucks

i was thinking maybe some dixie cups over the motors and a big tupperware of the electronics. electric tape to seal the battery connections and a launch from the front porch. what would the metrics be to make a flight in 60+ mph winds a success?

kloner

Aerial DP
I was thinking you should fly the eye........ man if i had something like that go by the old zeph would have to shoot the gap

View attachment 7286

Attachments

• MadScientist03.jpg
    MadScientist03.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

i'm on stand-by duty the next 6 days so I may have to report for work if they call. the eye's a good point, i'll have to have everything ready to go.

if I had enough crappy stuff laying around I'd try for a Mikrokopter max wind test. I've got the original XY8 prototype with Roxxy motors but they would need to be waterproofed to make the flight possible. I could use the i2c to PWM converter and the MK FC that is on my fun XY4 quad. or maybe my CC rev 1 board.

hmmmm

kloner

Aerial DP
what happens to brushless motors in rain? they loose power? fast? blow up? bet the esc hates the load. just plug the holes on top. dixie cups make since

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
man so screwed...
time to clear out everything on teh floor in the basement.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/weather/maps/

also i dont think anything does happen to the brushless motors in the rain/water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqMCqeS9LA

The motors are good, it's the speed controllers you have to worry about, they will short out if they get wet enough. I've flown in both rain and snow with one of my MK where all the electronics are covered by a dome, the motors are out there in elements and don't seem to mind. After flying I blow them out with a can of aeroduster to get any residual moisture out then after letting them dry thoroughly I oil the bearings, has worked well so far...

Ken

Bartman

greetings from Shanghai, China. I got the call Friday morning so now I'm hoping that the winds won't pick up and prevent us from landing Sunday evening. If I get stuck in Shanghai I'll be out looking for a hobby store or something fun to do for the next few days while hoping everyone's ok at home. :(

Hang in there Mailman!
Bart

ChrisViperM

Bartman, any updates from your trip.....? Did you get home safely or are you still busy making all hobby-store owners in Shanghai rich men.....?

Chris

kloner

Aerial DP
i know he made it home, but that's the last i heard. news said NJ got 11.5" rain so far as of this am. the storm is parked over him, time to shoot the eye Bart, hahaha

Bartman

Power is out across the state...shore towns are devastated....kilby's area is probably worse.....our power and internet are down.......worst i've ever seen in NJ

Kilby

We personally got off easy. Never even had a flicker on the lights at our house, but downtown around the water they got hit pretty hard. I'm not complaining about to 2days off work though.

kloner

Aerial DP
is annapolis still there? I'm sending 2 cases of shirts off out there today,,,, probably should wait, can't get ahold of the store.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Can you go take a crap on the doorstep of the Dji headquarters for me? Maybe add a letter saying " we've been playing with your crap for years and paying for it. Here's some of ours for free. "

Last edited by a moderator: