Graupner 9"

animau

I want to know if it a good idea to try 9" props on my f550 stock motors and ESC with a 4s 4000mha...
I have the Aeroxcraft landing gear and gopro gimbal
I don't know the weight of the craft
I'm running right now on 10" graupner and it handle good on 4s 4000mha but on 3s 5000mha i have to put my stick above 50% throttle so this why i'm running on 4s
But the reason i want to try on 9" it because the handling in the wind with the 10" is a bit hard to get really stable...and i read it better in the wind to have smaller props
can you help on that?

tks guys!

thehatguy

I want to know if it a good idea to try 9" props on my f550 stock motors and ESC with a 4s 4000mha...
I have the Aeroxcraft landing gear and gopro gimbal
I don't know the weight of the craft
I'm running right now on 10" graupner and it handle good on 4s 4000mha but on 3s 5000mha i have to put my stick above 50% throttle so this why i'm running on 4s
But the reason i want to try on 9" it because the handling in the wind with the 10" is a bit hard to get really stable...and i read it better in the wind to have smaller props
can you help on that?

tks guys!

Went from 10" Graupners to 9".

DJI 550
Aeroxcraft landing gear and gimbal with Go Pro Hero2
Gens Ace 5500MaH 4S

Runs cooler, holds the wind extremely well and is very quick.

To me, for my setup, the 9" props are perfect.

John

View attachment 5963

Attachments

• i-nx5ZRNT-L.jpg
    i-nx5ZRNT-L.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 289

animau

Went from 10" Graupners to 9".

DJI 550
Aeroxcraft landing gear and gimbal with Go Pro Hero2
Gens Ace 5500MaH 4S

Runs cooler, holds the wind extremely well and is very quick.

To me, for my setup, the 9" props are perfect.

John

View attachment 7917

tks! i will order the 9" graupner
and BTW what is your discharge lipo rate, 40c?

tks again

kloner

Aerial DP
if you can keep it out of the bottom half of the prop. can even be bigger and not matter. needs like a vise and a stopper on a drill press or a end mill with all teh stops set.

That deal i showed there is drop in a cordless drill and push it in till it gets half way. they don't bite very hard like a regular bit will, there more like a counter sink

harbor freight, $6 for the set, you'll find yourself using them alot

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd still avoid the precission hole thats the lower half of the hub. I got that one from the lhs and used it once. Dang thing doesn't cut very fast