GPS Hold issues

Crash

Defies Psychics
I just tested mine. Here are the results....

Warning: Only 3813 of 3815 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 10.1 MByte/s
Reading speed: 21.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Files on the card will cause that warning.
Is that the card for the Navi or a camera card?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Got a new one from a high street retailer, struggled to find one less than 2 GB so had to get the 2Gb one. Formatted and tested it on the ADX3 and it works ok recording data, now I just need to see what it does on a long flight.

Of flying now so will post results later

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
AHHHHHHH... with the new 2GB card it went nutts as soon as I turned altitude hold on. Did not even get as far as trying GPS hold. It went nuts pulsating the engines and jumping up and down like a yoyo. I would film it but I darn't try it again. What card you lot using.

FOX222

Droider,
Man you can't have easy problems like the rest of us, can you?
I read through the entire post and watched your video and I have to think it is the navi card. I would try reloading the firmware on the nav board. Maybe it got corrupted some how. What versions of f/w are you running?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I just reformatted the card. Iam not really a windows user as I am on macs but I do have to use them for other software for work but.. when I format the card it only gives me two options FAT or FAT32. I am guessing that FAT means FAT16 as per the requirements stated on the wiki pages. Am I correct in my assumption?

zorba

Files on the card will cause that warning.
Is that the card for the Navi or a camera card?

No that one was a USB key 4gb
I tested the card from my octo.
No errors..
"Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 1.59 MByte/s
Reading speed: 16.2 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4"

cheers

FOX222

I just reformatted the card. Iam not really a windows user as I am on macs but I do have to use them for other software for work but.. when I format the card it only gives me two options FAT or FAT32. I am guessing that FAT means FAT16 as per the requirements stated on the wiki pages. Am I correct in my assumption?

That is correct.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok after testing to night everything is back to normal. All I have done from the origional problem is

1 dumped the old 64mb mirco SAD card. This I think was not fast enough to record the data stream and eventually after about 5 mins started causing problems.

2 Bought new 2GB card (smallest I could find - Kingston make) Found this threw the motors into spasms as soon as Alt hold was activated.

3 Reformatted the 2GB card a couple of times on a windows machine FAT . Now after flight testing tonight on 4 packs / 4 x 12 min flights works fine. No wobbles 5 mins in and no motor spasms.

Recorded all flight data.

Fingers crossed its all up and running fine. Ill report back after a few more flights with recording data to MSD card.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ok going through the flight data I find in the TX section - RC-RSSI. Can any one tell me what this stands for as the value is constantly 0 through the entire flight

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just to post everything is now OK. no gitters and dat logging perfect... Still dont know what the RC-RSSI is though:confused:

FOX222

Hi Droider,
RSSI=received signal strength indicator. I think I read that this only works with the Jetti rx. My files read "0" also.

John

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Bart. I am back down in North London and have a rally pants signal on my mobile broadband so will cruise over to that thread when I have a better signal

Hi Fox222. John. I have the Jetti RX but best I go read the thread

Thanks

Dave