GPS Alignment with True North or Magnetic North

Previously with the WooKong-M I had to turn the GPS assembly so that the arrow was pointing away from true north and towards or away from the magnetic angle of declination for my flying area. However I see not mention of this requirement anywhere in the A2 documentation nor in the DJI A2 Assistant software.

Is this manual adjustment still required or does the A2 now have the smarts to resolve this automatically?
And does it do it before or after the digital compass calibration?

Seriously..... someone here must know the answer to this question!!!!

Does the GPS module for A2 require any manual adjustment away from direct forward to account for magnetic versus true north so that i will fly straight.....?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Well, I have set up about 6 A2 systems or so. Just pointed the compass directly to the front of the aircraft and flies arrow straight and no toilet bowl effect, whereas with the Wookong I had to align manually. So, whilst the manual doesn't mention anything specific I am pretty sure it sorts itself out by itself.

kloner

Aerial DP
They changed the firmware somewhere after 5.16 on wk and around the same time on naza to be auto tune according to it's co ordinates so you don't need to mess with that anymore. my a2 is perfectly inline with the airframe and gps works fine...

Thanks Kloner...... That is one great new feature that takes the edge off pre-flight setup for the MR pilot who has enough on his plate already.

I missed those changes as I remained with WKM firmware 5.20 because of concerns about moving beyond 5.2 and stepped away from the NAZA FCs some time ago...... Now it's just the A2 and that is fine with me. Initial test flights should start later this week.

Last edited by a moderator: