GH-4 update 2.0

kloner

Aerial DP
I don't have a zen so avoid that thread, but yea, actually faa documents, not even anything fun in the desert to blame

the only two photography gigs we've done we shot in 4k and just extracted screen shots, interesting to see a mode just for it..... must be more common than i thought

Quinton

I don't have a zen so avoid that thread, but yea, actually faa documents, not even anything fun in the desert to blame

the only two photography gigs we've done we shot in 4k and just extracted screen shots, interesting to see a mode just for it..... must be more common than i thought

Yeah it was a nice addition, who knows maybe people will start shooting with a higher shutter speed just to get nice clear photos.
Nothing wrong with 4K photos, you can print off perfect 8x10 near 8x12 photos with it.

Quinton

But then again you can do that with a GP4 and many point and shoots ... :)

You wish to name those point and shoots that does 8MP stills from video :)

Also it really does help when you can select your shutter speed, stick it up to 1/200 or 400 and take a video of whatever your shooting without ND filetr and see how many great shots you get.
Not sure you could get quite as good video photos of a wedding (for example) with a GP4

Last edited by a moderator:

jdennings

Good point, and you are right.

Was referring more to social media gold and getting usable web pics ...

Panasonic LX100, but still pre-order ... No doubt many similar ones to come soon ...
I also do think that 2MP 1080p frame extracted from a good sensor like Sony rx100 is plenty for social and web ..

Last edited by a moderator: