FPV vids

kloner

Aerial DP
Well after a long wait getting ready, it was a total success. At this point i'm amazed this thing came home even ressembling an aircraft. Made 16 fpv flights, most around 8 minutes long. Was scary being the first time to have some brain fart. Made it 2100 feet away, got up 600 feet and saw 50mph. winds blew all weekend, 20-30 gusts to 40. it was pretty nasty, but wasn't gonna let that stop me. just didn't get to do as much down low flying as wanted to, but i did my share of scrapin the tree tops. Theres gonna be 9 vids since i'm not smart enough to take em all and make a movie but it's gonna take a while to upload em all so will keep posting back here when more gets uploaded.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
Thanks, it has zeal tape and was jello free, but i tripped out and put a velcro strap around it last minute that let some in. kept dismounting the camera to charge so it kept getting the strap adjusted. see pics in my album here

Had such a good time it was well worth the cost right there even if that was all i got out of it. Knew was gonna like it, but think once i get my goggles fitting my face better and get my 2814 motors installed, should feel comftorable enough to turn off atti and do some dives.

jackmulti

How would you make the goggles fit better? Which propellers are you using? did you pre-balance them?

Thanks for your awesome help.

kloner

Aerial DP
Fatshark 5.8, hero2, immersion 5.8 600mw with rhcp and eagle tree osd pro. never had any junk till 1600-2000 feet, i'm just so unfamilliar with how much junk happens before it cuts off so was a bit hesitant to "push it"

The latest pics of it are here
https://rchelicollective.com/zen/kloner/DJIf450quad/

I need to get the monitors further up to see them center with the shape of my face, thinking about gutting them and making out of some goggles. It makes me look down and it got uncomftorable

Those are graupners 10x5, extremely balanced. Some of my vids i got a velcro strap too taight and it jello'd a little, but overall for a maiden weekend away from any "real tools" it did extremely well. I got some sort of problem booting it up the first flight, everytime. I think the radio and the a'v tx make confusion. Gotta get a better boot sequence, but after a flight, it was all good. Done it since i got it, seems to change behaviour with the gopro firmware updates. Weird

kloner

Aerial DP
2000 feet felt like miles, lemme tell ya, and so slow, when you'd get done and look at the mountain you just flew, it was WAY OVER THERE. I built an fpv f117 but that dam things too fast. clocked it at 110 mph, never tried the goggles but to keep it in sight is to hit the throttle for seconds then it's time to turn around. Want to get in trouble, try fpv in something like that.

kloner

Aerial DP

this was my very first flight. the first couple minutes i have a drop in alttitude over water, but then was coming back from that and it had some sort of malfunction or i hit some crazy downdraft cause it came a foot from smashing into itsy bitsy pieces.... 2:23