Flexacopter ---The Making Of---

holco

Hi There dear followers,

I get many questions about what the changes are on the V2 version.

We changed some parts with PA 2200 nylon carefully processed using Selective Laser Sintering, this material is very strong and durable and produced on the best High-End 3D printing machines available, the advantage is that we can use less parts on some places and other parts will be lighter then the GFK/POM parts used on de V1, also this new parts will be more crash resistant because its virtually unbreakable, all the PA 2200 parts will be produced in the color RED because we think it looks nicer than the standard white and its a good looking combination with the black carbon :)

More info about the material PA2200 info

Witch parts are changed,

POM round feet's
gfk wiredamper supports
clamps on the frame and gfk plug system
gfk plugs on the arms

weight advantage +/- 125 gram (10% on the full options kit)

Some renders of the new plug system,

01-tube.jpg

01-plug.jpg

Greetings,

Mario/Pieter

holco

The new V2 frame,

New arm mounting system with intergradet plug system.
MK and DJI mounting holes intergradet in top plate.
Two arrows for flight direction in top and bottom plate.
The 6 screws from the ESC standoff's now attainable thru bottom plate.
Bigger center hole in top plate.
Mounting holes for the dome fixing system now also in top plate for higher mounting position.
More holes in bottom plate for easy cabling to gimbal.
Lighter without loosing strength.

P3284735.jpg

P3284744.jpg

P3284738.jpg

P3284742.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Wow, that looks like a very neat solution. What diameter booms are you using? I assume you can then simply unplug a boom to take it apart?

Gunter.

holco

Thanks Gunter :)

Carbon booms are 20mm, and yes indeed you loosen two loc-nuts and take the arm out without worries about the wiring.

Greetings,

Mario

Wow, that looks like a very neat solution. What diameter booms are you using? I assume you can then simply unplug a boom to take it apart?

Gunter.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp really nice keep us posted !

You have six motor connection in one boom and two small ones I guess the reason is for a X setup and for LEDs ?
Than again centerplate only three motor plugs ?

Boris

holco

Shoot a test video without the active stabilisation from the pillock, zo the tilt and roll axis from the mount where locked by the mechanical resistance from the servos without power.

The only thing between the flexacopter and the mount are the wire dampers.

The video is stabilised with Final Cut Pro

jrlederer

So, where to Greg one of these cool designs, holco? I would like to test out your labor of love and obtain similar results. Looks great! Keep it up

holco

Because I was not happy with the low gear ratio of the tilt axel from the AV-130 mount Pieter created a new 20T servo pulley from carbon for me, the standard pulley is 32T whats give a gear ratio of 2,5:1, now I have a ratio of 4:1 what almost doubles the resolution :)

The result is that there is more tranquility on the tilt axel.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Test shot with the 4:1 ratio,